Blurred/Excessively large approach lights

papaquebec

Appr Lights.jpgHi all

Been having this problem for a good while now. I thought it was my graphics card but after upgrading the problem remains.

Specifically that the approach lights in some sceneries are excessively large/bright/blurred while on short final. The scenery in the screenshot is Gary Summons/UK2000 Gatwick Extreme.

Is there a setting within FS2004 that I can manipulate to clear this?

Thanks

I have this in my FSX.cfg file under [Display] I don't know if this is usable for FS2004 or not. You can adjust the numbers after the = sign to affect each type of light.

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Specifically that the approach lights in some sceneries are excessively large/bright/blurred while on short final. The scenery in the screenshot is Gary Summons/UK2000 Gatwick Extreme.

Is there a setting within FS2004 that I can manipulate to clear this?

Thanks

Have you tried posting this question on UK2000's forum? Gary is an exceptionally talented designer and I don't think he would create something with such an obvious problem as this. He might well have some advice or a solution for you. I'm assuming, of course, that you have installed any updates to Gatwick that there might be.

Also, bear in mind that if you tweak fs9.cfg to get Gatwick looking more to your liking you might then upset the lighting at other airports.

Dijvid

Thanks for the input but do you have any idea whether the numbers should be adjusted upward or downward?

All I can say is try it one way and if that doesn't help or makes it worse, then go in the opposite direction. I found after copying this from another thread that I didn't have to adjust at all.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have this in my FSX.cfg file under [Display] I don't know if this is usable for FS2004 or not. You can adjust the numbers after the = sign to affect each type of light.

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2

fs9 config file doesn't have those entries

Archived