Windows updates cause problems... Help???

vosken01

I have enjoyed Mic. 2004 for a very long time with no problems until a month ago, I received and downloaded Windows - automatic updates - which is normal however; since then 2004 will not load - error message related to administrator privileges????

Ultimate Traffic will not load as well.

Has anyone else run into this and is there a fix???

Has anyone else run into this and is there a fix???

Yes, many people have fallen foul of this. You can solve this the hard way or the easy way.

The hard way is to search this forum for a solution, find which Windows update has caused this problem, then uninstall it and next time you get a Windows update make sure you mark this update as hidden so it won't bother you again.

The easy way is to get the no-CD fix.

Dijvid

I believe that the post about the No CD patch has been removed.

There are two ways of fixing this situation.

One is to remove the update that causes the problem and leave yourself slightly more vunerable to attack.

The other option is to use the No CD patch.

Whichever path you take is entirely up to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tom

I have just read your post over at CalClassic where you give specific information about where to get the no CD patch and how to install it.

In view of the fact that Microsoft have completely stuffed those who still rely on using Disk 4 to run their simulator may I congratulate you on having the courage and common sense to give users the information that they really need and want.

Dijvid

Tom

I have just read your post over at CalClassic where you give specific information about where to get the no CD patch and how to install it.

In view of the fact that Microsoft have completely stuffed those who still rely on using Disk 4 to run their simulator may I congratulate you on having the courage and common sense to give users the information that they really need and want.

Dijvid

Hear Hear.

Socks

PS 'Sim won't load thread ' is the post that should really be stuck.

The information enclosed in these threads have been most helpful to get MS 2004 running again. I appreciate it.

I am still having problems regarding Ultimate Traffic not loading. Any suggestions to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Glad to help, but I need to keep it relatively quiet. I've been banned (temporarily) from another site just admitting I use it...

That is their loss, not yours.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi,

Glad to help, but I need to keep it relatively quiet. I've been banned (temporarily) from another site just admitting I use it...

You are amongst those just as you ......... and I have the feeling it is a large crowd by now .....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know if the Windows 7 EULA, which has to be accepted in order to use the software, has a clause whereby the end user agrees to allow Microsoft to physically interfere with the hardware [i.e. disable the CD/DVD Drive] on which said software is used? I have read the EULA and I cannot see anything about this.

Dijvid

Does anyone know if the Windows 7 EULA, which has to be accepted in order to use the software, has a clause whereby the end user agrees to allow Microsoft to physically interfere with the hardware [i.e. disable the CD/DVD Drive] on which said software is used? I have read the EULA and I cannot see anything about this.

Dijvid

I would guess any notation that disallows any third party to 'customize' the OS is precedent.

But this is a VERY interesting situation given the popularity of FS9 from MS's point of view.

To patch the vulnerability is prudent.

To do so without providing their own cd drive patch to allow continued use of this or any legacy cd drive game is not.

The 'other' site(s) that are taking steps to prevent the 'news' of a third party patch is overacting, but again, prudent.

HAs ANYONE, this site included, had any luck in attempting to contact MS about this issue?

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

HAs ANYONE, this site included, had any luck in attempting to contact MS about this issue?

I removed my post a few above this one to not risk getting myself in trouble as this discussion is so touchy. I really enjoy my FS sites, particularly this one.

In response to your question without stepping on any toes, I would imagine MS would be forced to suggest they do not support it as technically it is not allowed by law. In reality, MS would overlook any use of this patch but simply could not state this.

Could you imagine if MS took action against any group trying to use their decade old legal MS software via the only method available because MS themselves shut down any other avenue?

Social media alone would probably end MS! lol

The patch doesn't interfere or disable any hardware, only the DRM software that verified that the disc in the drive was legitimate. This DRM software was also originally developed and supported by a third party who no longer support it themselves.

Dijvid

Then sue Microsoft

To Smutley..........I salute you for having the conviction to post a straight answer that includes information that other moderators would not state or support. A short while ago I replied to a thread that covered the subject of the no- cd issue and ended my post praising the moderators of this site for their approach in allowing the subject to be discussed. Unfortunately I was proved wrong very shortly afterwards as a moderator posted that he was closing the thread down due to its content - my post was timed at 0155pm and the moderator's at 0157pm. In fairness, the title of the thread did make it clear that the OP was seeking the no-cd crack and the moderator in question may have been influenced by a particular post that suggested banning

this sort of post as well as direct links to the patch?
- that particular comment was made by someone who has contributed to this thread and appears to have had a change of heart regarding the posting of such information - however to save his blushes he shall remain nameless.

To Socks.......... +1 on your comments regarding making that particular thread a sticky. However, as the subject is a sticky (no pun intended) subject due to the legal/EULA issues involved I doubt that any FS related website would take such action, however unlikely the threat of legal action from MS. Hopefully, the thread will be allowed to remain sitting silently in the background to be referenced as required.

Regards

Brian

I removed my post a few above this one to not risk getting myself in trouble as this discussion is so touchy. I really enjoy my FS sites, particularly this one.

In response to your question without stepping on any toes, I would imagine MS would be forced to suggest they do not support it as technically it is not allowed by law. In reality, MS would overlook any use of this patch but simply could not state this.

Could you imagine if MS took action against any group trying to use their decade old legal MS software via the only method available because MS themselves shut down any other avenue?

Social media alone would probably end MS! lol

I should have been more specific, sorry, what I was referring to was MS releasing their OWN patch to address this issue. Not legitimizing the 'other'. I mean, how hard could it be?!!?

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

Archived