Default 737 night texture help...

vomacka

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the nighttime tail "Logo-washout" for the default 737-800? (Hopefully it is not a model problem).

I also have the POSKY 737, but I wanted to see if the default 737 problem could be fixed.

Thanks.

Scott

P.S.

Is this 737 a FS9 model? Would that explain the tail light problem?

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

I don't have a real solution, but I know a workaround. Fly Lufthansa. Beautufiull, radiant;) texture!

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288602-Aircraft-too-dark-in-well-lit-areas-Is-there-a-fix

>--------->-->

EDIT--sorry, that thread has no filename for you either, lol ! I'll look it up, stand by...

----> Pretty sure this is it:

lufthansa_boeing_737_800_dabjf.zip

737_800 default -lufthansa at dusk.JPG

I once created a few of my own textures for default 737/747aircraft, but they ended up with washed out tails too.

later I found that it is possible to create shiny ones with good night textures yourself as well. But I did not have the right software for it and didn't look further.

Worth trying google, there were some good guides online about creating your own textures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is away to fix this but you need to be able use a graphics editor such as Photoshop or GIMP.

You will need to do the following for each aircraft livery you want to fix the tail logo light splash.

1> Make a copy of the "b737_800_1_LM.dds (from the B737_800 "texture" folder) & b737_800_1_T.dds (from your chosen livery folder)" texture, convert to a 24bit bmp textures.

2> Open "b737_800_1_LM.bmp" in your graphics editor & resize to 1024x1024.

3> Create a new layer above & copy "b737_800_1_T.bmp" onto new layer.

4> Select just the tail parts from the diffuse (b737_800_1_T.bmp) texture then copy & paste onto another new layer, now this layer needs be set to "multiply blend mode".

5> Delete the layer with the complete "b737_800_1_T.bmp".

6> Merge the 2 remaining layers & resize to 512x512 or leave it at 1024x1024 if you would like more detail on the light splash.

7> Save as b737_800_1_LM.bmp & convert to .dds DXT5 (there is no alpha channel to add) & copy into the correct livery folder.

I hope this helps.

7> Save as b737_800_1_LM.bmp & convert to .dds DXT5 (there is no alpha channel to add) & copy into the correct livery folder.

Why use DXT5 if there is no Alpha?

Why not use DXT1/no Alpha and end up with a smaller file?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yes you're right, I just stated DXT5 because it's the default format.

Not for the default b737_800_1_LM.dds.

DXT1-no Alpha

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived