Fsx | a fatal error has occured

DavidWood2

Hi.

I have had FSX for ages but got a new graphics card because otherwise the expansion pack wouldn't be able to install. So far, so good. I upgraded to a Nvidia GTX 720

I wasn't getting the best FPS from it so I tweaked my CFG file with the help of this video from Matt Davies:

. I was getting excellent FPS, using quite a few add-ons and everything was fine.

If it helps, I have recently added a second monitor to my computer using the HDMI port rather than the other one which is on VGA.

I kept on getting FSX crashes recently but I couldn't say when.

I have read the forum about FSX crashes and here's my faulting module name:

controls.dll, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb57

If there are any rouge add-ons that you know about ask me. I don't have any payware aircraft except the Wilco A330 and A340.

If there's any advice you have other than doing a clean install of FSX I would be very grateful. I say this because I don't really have much time on my hands.

Thank you for your time.

(P.s. I have a backup copy of my fsx.cfg but I want to have this as a last resource as I don't want to go back to 5 FPS. On the other hand if you know what I should put in my CFG instead please say what to change and what to delete e.c.t)

Archived