FSX Weather Improvements

robertd2000

That 'zocked in' effect can be set up with FSX Customized Advanced Weather. You make a layer of Cumulus 'overcast', from 0 elev to 10000 ft. Then you go to 'Visibility' tab and set layer from 0 elev to 10000 ft and make distance the shortest they got. Now when you are flying inside that VISIBILITY LAYER you will not see much, maybe not even your wing tips. I don't have any of those payware programs or ever set up 'live weather'. I make my own weather. Ha.

You can go look for yourself and compare (side-by-side) at YouTube. Links below:

ASN, FSGRW, AND OPUS COMPARED (SIDE BY SIDE)

YTUBE VIDEO:

. (1:57). By 'Steadyflyer'.

OPUS, ASE2012 AND REX ESSENTIAL COMPARED (SIDE BY SIDE)

YTUBE VIDEO:

(3:42). BY 'Steadyflyer'.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Now does ASN work with Opus, or can you only have one or the other? Also, does it interfere with REX 4 Texture Direct and REX Soft Clouds?

ASN is a weather engine and Opus has one too. So you can only use one or the other in the sim at the same time. The other components of Opus can be active, but you have to turn of its weather generator when ASM is running. You can even constantly switch from one engine to another if you want.

Rex4 textures and Softclouds are only texture sets. They don't care which weather engine uses them. They get displayed by default weather, Opus and ASN just fine. You only get in trouble if your weather addon installs its own textures, like AS2012 or the old Rex Essentials did.

Archived