SF-5BM Freedom Fighter Radar Problem

KIKOU34

Hi,

I am testing the SF-5BM designed by Pablo Fernandez de Bobadilla (available here on Flightsim).

The radar gauge is working fine on the 2D panel but isn't working on the VC.

There is a VC section for it on the panel.cfg file [vcockpit04], but it looks that there is a texture problem.

Is there someone who has already fixed that problem?

Thanks,

Stefan.

Ok, I took a look at the plane and the panel.cfg in specific. I don't know if that specific radar actually functions at all.

Do you have the latest FSUIPC installed? I think it's v3.999zzz, but I am often mistaken on things. There may be a newer version for FS9, not sure.

Since it's in a .gau file I can't look at the particular radar called out in the Panel file. It may well be "make-pretty", or eye candy for all I know. If so, you will have to replace it with a "real" airborne search radar. In 2D and 3D both.

I do trust you unzipped the "Gauges" folder into the "Gauges" folder of FS9, yes? And you added, but didn't unzip, the .CAB files to the "Gauges" folder as well? IE: Not just the .gau files?

Same for the Effects folder?

You say it works in the 2D panel. Does this mean it actually displays planes around you (AI planes), or just has a nice sweep, range rings, and so on? Do you need to turn it "ON" in the VC? How about in the 2D? Power button, brightness/Power knob, anything like that?

I noticed in the 2D panel there are two "Mode" switches called out, but in the VC only one. Maybe try adding a second Mode switch to the VC? I can show you how, if you need.

If none of this answers the problem, I'll fly it and see what I can see...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi,

Tanks for your support.

Actually, the radar works In the 2D panel, but Is totally missing on the VC.

No radar screen, no mode button...the area supposed to receive the radar Is empty. Just a green texture on it ( the texture file Is named "verde" In the texture file).

I suspect a VC area definition problem on the model file.

The only reason I hope To be wrong Is that a [vcockpit] section exists for this radar on the panel.cfg .

May be designer can confirm us if he reads this post.

My project was not To use the radar, but To replace it by a MFD gauge as it Is installed on the SF-5B modernised.

I did manage To do it on the 2d panel but no on the VC.

I hope this Is no To confused.

Brgds,

Stefan.

Ok, as I understand it, you don't want the radar at all, just an MFD in place of it. OK, now we're getting someplace. Which MFD did you want to use? I will see if I can plug it into the VC for you...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Pat,

The MFD should be managing a twin engines set, so the Grippen one I installed first, is not usable.

We can use for testing purpose some of the MFD gauges of the demo version AFS Eurofighter. ( EurafsF!MFD1 to 7).

I tried to change the texture of the lower center screen to full black or full transparent without succeding in adding any kind of gauge.

That is why I suspect that this area is not defined to support gauges on the model file. The mystery remains: why [vcockpit04] is dedicated to the radar gauges?

Any thoughs...?

Brgds,

Stefan.

Archived