Problem with F/A-18

Coaster770

We need to know just which F/A-18. The FSX-A default? If so, may I suggest a different, and FAR better version?

Do you mean you don't SEE the hook down, but it will trap? Or the plane won't trap? Did you try the handle in the cockpit? Did you check your key assignments to make sure the hook default hadn't been changed? Did you add anything to the aircraft.cfg? Did you check that the [tailhook] entry there-in was at least relatively intact? Have you changed the [contact_points] entry?

For the AB's, do you mean you don't SEE the flames, but you get the OOMPH from them you should? Or the other way 'round? Flames, no oomph? Neither?

So many details :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It's the default F/a-18 and i don't see the hook down, and it wont trap, key bindings are all correct, never touched the aircraft .cfg and the entry and all that is in the .cfg, and for the afterburners i don't see the flames but i do get the OOMPH from them as i should.

We need to know just which F/A-18. The FSX-A default? If so, may I suggest a different, and FAR better version?

Do you mean you don't SEE the hook down, but it will trap? Or the plane won't trap? Did you try the handle in the cockpit? Did you check your key assignments to make sure the hook default hadn't been changed? Did you add anything to the aircraft.cfg? Did you check that the [tailhook] entry there-in was at least relatively intact? Have you changed the [contact_points] entry?

For the AB's, do you mean you don't SEE the flames, but you get the OOMPH from them you should? Or the other way 'round? Flames, no oomph? Neither?

So many details :D

Pat☺

Hey Phantom Tweak, Im a friend of coaster770 and im trying to figure out his situation as well.

When you mention the [tailhook] entry, my f-18 does not have that, yet mine works.

Also what does the coding look like for the tailhook contact points (what point.x is it?)

He has tried everything you mentioned above, including trying to lower the hook inside the vc. He said the hook lever isnt even clickable, and the f-18 does NOT trap in any circumstances. Key bindings for hook are confirmed assigned.

As for the AB, do you know the .fx file fsx uses for them? iive done some testing with coaster, and it is confirmed he has no "omph" as you say lol. his aircraft only goes full military power at 100% throttle. I checked his .cfg, and he has everything in there for his AB to be working. He has the afterburner_available=6, he has his afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.80, and his AfterBurnThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.74.

Thanks for helping!

-Josh

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you added a plane with AB's lately perhaps? Maybe another AB .fx file over-wrote the default, perhaps? Or perhaps it got corrupted.

As for the hook, I can't think Of any more problems it might be. I am presuming you have Acceleration, yes? I never ASSume...

My first suggestion would be to go to the FSDT "New F/A-18" forum, this post and DL and install Jimi's latest offering. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg93624.html#msg93624 It's on page 58, near the bottom. You must always DL and install the Training version, as the other versions utilize (are aliased to) some of it's folders/files to save space on your HD, but after that any of the others you may want also.

Actually, Jimi posts it, but he has an entire team working with him. They are the team the did a lot of work on the default FSX-Acceleration F/A-18C in the first place. They are also the team that are the FSX Blue Angels Demo Team, and there are several current and former "real life" F/A-18 pilots involved in it. Needless to say, they KNOW what they are doing. This latest version, with a couple minor details, flies as closely to the "real" F/A-18C as it is possible to get this simulator. And it's GOOD!! Best I have ever seen anywhere, in FS9 or FSX. I can't stress that enough. A real F/A-18C and E model pilot is currently flying it and thoroughly enjoying it.

Just a thought. I get them SO rarely...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived