Red Arrows Formation - FSX??

tilneyg88

Hi,

The link you posted does not work. There's a sticky that covers this so I won't pursue it.

There is a Red Arrow file that does work. It was required by a mission created by Don Olsson. Here's an excerpt from the Readme that was included with the mission:

Download: redpack7.zip (FS2002) & ukmrafsx.zip (FSX) from: www.Flightsim.com.

Then replace the panel in redpack7 with the panel from ukmrafsx. In my opinion, you don't really have to make the panel change or download the 'UK' folder if you fly the mission in outside view. Your call. Gauges get copied from the UK version to FSX Gauges. Decent 2d panel is the result. If you fly the 4 aircraft in outside view (as if a single aircraft) you can make a number of formation changes. Door, Flap, Tailhook and Spoiler buttons will change the type of formation & invert several aircraft! I am pleasantly surpised how well this FS2002 4 plane Hawk operates & flies in FSX!

Don Olsson

01/15/12

dmolsson@Bellsouth.net

Jim F.

Hi til,

I don't have the Arrows installed so I can't answer definitively.

In the Aircraft.cfg you should find a section similar to this one from the Extra 300:

[sMOKESYSTEM]

smoke.0=-10.00, -0.70, 0.0, fx_smoke_w

"fx_smoke_w" refers to white smoke. If you browse the Effects files you'll likely find a similarly named "fx" file that refers to smoke of other colors. Just replace the effect name.

Jim F.

:

"fx_smoke_w" refers to white smoke. If you browse the Effects files you'll likely find a similarly named "fx" file that refers to smoke of other colors. Just replace the effect name.

Jim F.

I didn't see much other than fx_smoke_caryel.fx in my Effects file.

https://youtu.be/iAGXRui7QSI Here is a Youtube vid on how to change smoke colors. Plenty of other suggestions if you Google FSX smoke color change.

Download from our Library fsx_yak_air7_racer_updated.zip This download has Effects files for different colored smoke. Then you can adjust your [smoke] section as Jim suggests.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for all the help, Just one last one, have the White smoke working in the middle of the formation with the red smoke to the left, how would I get the blue smoke on the other side of the white opposite to the red smoke?

It looks like this at the moment:

[sMOKESYSTEM]

smoke.0=-8.00, -13.80, 2.00, fx_smoke_r

smoke.1=-8.00, 13.80, 2.00, fx_smoke_w

This is the blue smoke: //smoke.0=-8.00, -13.80, 2.00, fx_smoke_t1_blue

How could I adjust this and add it in as said above.

Thanks again !

Hi til,

Apparently your making changes based on the file zippy suggested. I'm not familiar with that and as I don't have the Arrows installed I can't easily check things. But I do have the RedArrow zip file and referring to it I see several things:

RedSmoke.JPG

I see as part of the installation different color Effect files are installed. I'd try modifying the SMOKESYSTEM so that the desired smoke color file was referenced in the desired location. The "-36.00" line refers to the left most location.

Jim F.

Archived