How is everyone else producing better scenery

Jateu

Hi all I have been working g for months to improve my fsx scenery. Been looking on you tube and the results others are getting are amazing. Can anyone help or put me.i. the right direction. Systems specs as below.

I7 4.8ghz watercooler cpu

Asus rampage iv gene

8gb 2400mhz ram

Msi gtx770 twin frozr maxed

500gb ssd

1000w psu

Windows 7 64

Fsx + acceleration

Orbx base

Orbx vector

Orbx Europe LC

Orbx England + scotland

UK 2000 egcc scenery

Can anyone understand why my system is producing near to default scenery!

Thank you for your time

James

Can anyone understand why my system is producing near to default scenery!

To state the obvious, either you haven't installed your Orbx stuff correctly or you have it deactivated in FTX Central. I would think asking in the Orbx forums would be best, probably with pictures.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Yes all is installed correctly and check as required. It's the tube videos that show stunning scenery and autogen ! I have tried so many different versions of the cfg but no difference! What have you done to system/cfg. There are so many tutorials etc it's reasonably confusing.

Again like Mark said you really need to post some pictures of your scenery so we can see for ourselves what it looks like. We cant really help you until you do that otherwise any advice would be guess work at best and of little or no help to you.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

If you mean your airport scenery? You only get good scenery at your airport if you bought scenery for that airport. Try it on EGCC. If you want something free I reccomend SunSkyJet KPHL and SyriaSim Damascus
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Ok apologies there is photo real scenery. But the autogen buildings and trees are rediculous. The system still seems to stutter. Any pointers to smooth out these kinks ?

Autogen, photo real, even Orbx. these are hugely generic terms. Pictures of what you are seeing are a huge start. Even better, what software do you actually have?? ORBX, photoreal, or something else. In every case, what is version or mod level? Is this payware or freeware? What level of sim (fsx. 2004, P3d, etc.) is it certified for, if any?

One other point. What you see on U-tube or other similar sites is almost certainly nothing like anyone actually sees while actually using any of the sims! DON'T BE MISLEAD BY SCENERY AND SHOTS WHICH ARE EDITED AND ENHANCED TO MAKE THEM LOOK THEIR BEST! WHAT YOU AND I SEE ON A DAILY BASIS ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE WHAT THEY PORTRAY!

Having spent time around commercial photography, I know the difference in a Playboy Bunny in the magazine and the same person walking the street is huge!!!! Don't be fooled by those who doctor FSX, 2004, or P3D scenery. They probably have product to sell! Your experience may, and probably hugely will, vary.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

James

A lot of what you are seeing in Youtube videos, etc, is a result of shader mods and atmosphere software (REX, etc), not scenery mods. It's things like ENB or Shade that will do the trick once you figure out how to run your ORBX stuff fairly maxed out. My machine doesn't have the legs yours has, but my FSX world is delightful to fly around in (I use Shade).

Tim

Juggle these sliders to get things looking good.

In particular, the two sliders that have a dramatic effect on scenery are 'Scenery complexity' and 'Autogen density', juggle them separately to the right and left til you get things looking good, but remember the further to the right they are, the more your framerates will drop-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphD_zpshtdfhvwb.jpg~original

For example with those two sliders well towards the right, we get buildings, a radio mast and water tower (circled), and 3D trees out to the horizon. (this is FSX default scenery)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphA_zpsqea9yhfp.jpg~original

Below- And with the two sliders towards the left we lose everything. The 'trees' are just flat 2D bushes-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-graphC_zpsnl9chr2l.jpg~original

Archived