How do I save panel positions?

Turtell

Quote:''edited the panels..''. Edited by making changes to the panel.cfg, or just by using keyboard keys? If it's the latter, then those views CHANGES can't be 'saved' (and they are gone now, unless you have FS9 paused and minimized while you are in forum trying to 'solve' your 'problem'). But, don't panic. You can make changes that can be saved. But for us to give you feedback (ie: advice) you need to give us more information. Post (as text) the contents of your panel.cfg. That would be a good start.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for your reply.

I chose a cockpit view with 40% zoom but every time I close the program and use it again, the 40% zoom view is gone and I have to zoom again. I bought Panel Studio but have no idea how to use it.

I just want my cockpit view to stay at 40% each time I open FS2004. That's basically it.

Turtell, I might caution you that you may need to lower your expectations. I had what sounds like conceptually the same problem. I would arrange my windows over my two screens and save the flight. When I then restored that flight, not all windows would return to their saved positions. (Does this sound similar?).

I was told on this forum that "that is the way it is, not all the window info was saved". I was directed to a third-party add-on app (whose name now escapes me) but even so was told that this still may not necessarily save everything.

Of course if on the other hand there is now a solution, then I will be delighted to steal it.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Archived