Afterburner Thrust Relationship

Hello Guys,

I am really despairing of some military jets I own in FSX. Everything looks fine with the weight and the thrust. It is nearly 1 to 1 like on official specifications.

BUT: The planes haveway too little thrust. When I start, everything is fine but the higher I get, the more power they loose.

I don´t get them much more over M.1. So I played with the static thrust in the aircraft.cfg but the result was that the plane goes until 2666 knotes or startet moving when I just release the parking break. They start like on a carrier :(

So my question is: Is it possible to change the afterburner thrust Relationship? For example normal thrust is 1, with AB it is 1,3 but I want it on 1,6!

Nobody can clearly answer this question and I dont find a solution. One plane I am talking about is a nice looking F16...

I hope somebody can help me!

Greetings

There's been talk of jets unrealistically losing power at high altitudes in threads before, but much of it went over my head, check these threads for clues that might help-

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286117-Higher-altitude&highlight=mach

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287393-Speed-limits&highlight=mach

Really, the best source for jet engine/flightsim information is http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/jet-engine-performance.240073/.

That is the FSDeveloper forums. Not just that thread, but also several others on that forum, have info by the people who know the intricacies of how MSFS models jet engine performance. It gets a bit deep, but after you read the same thread a few dozen times (for me anyway :D ) you get to being pretty confident about a vague idea of how it does what it does.

I could try, but I am terrible at explaining how the air file tables fit together to model jet engine performance at various altitudes/speeds. Your problem is NOT, I repeat NOT with the afterburners. It has to do with the fact that most of the people that develop new airplanes for MSFS use previously extant .air file table, rather than take the time and effort to insert the correct data for THAT airplane. MOSTLY, your problem lies in tables 1501-1507, probably predominately in 1506, altho they inter-relate pretty closely.

As I said, give the threads a read. look around that forum. you be a pro in no time :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

IAS receds as altitude rises, so please confirm before making or asking for any sweeping changes that you understand the relationship between Mach and IAS?

Also, it would be useful to understand here if you know there that almost ALL `Mach 2 Fighters` are no such thing - as soon as external stores are added they produce much much lower peak speeds, often only just above the Mach 1 mark. The F16 is only just transonic with standard fighter stores fitted.

Before we all go off half-cocked lets see if there actually is a problem in perception, not simulation.

I fly the Kirk Olsen f-16 from here in the Library. I did a quick test flight up to FLT400 and took the speed up to the barber pole limit trying not to do an overspeed. I was able to maintain MACH 1.90 and over 1000Knots ground speed with no problems. Your speed will vary with altitude and conditions.

f16.JPG

f16 cockpit.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived