problems with FSX Performance

I have 17 alienware laptop with 2.5g ,i7 processor nvida 860m graphics card

so I was expecting to get a descent performance running FSX.

I am finding the graphics are not that good, quite disappointing, and also the fan on my laptop runs full belt constantly

all my other stuff I use is all ok, i use a lot of 3d stuff for my pc and is fine, so something is not right or is this the way it is you need a better graphics card?

I have am using fsx delux and updated 2 service packs, can anyone advise.

2.5 GHz ain't gonna cut it. Especially with a laptop, which needs cooling like there's no tomorrow! FSX is EXTREMELY CPU intensive and will run it's best with a 4.2-4.7 GHz processor. You don't need a better graphics card, you need a better CPU, power supply and cooling.

No other computer game compares to FSX in regards to CPU speed needed.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

mrzippy hit the nail on the head, as they say... ;)

FSX is a different kind of (CPU cycle-hungry) animal.

And it gets hungrier when you start putting addons (complex scenery/aircraft/textures/etc.) in it.

E-Buzz :pilot:

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

And strike 3 your out!, 2.5Ghz just not enough to get the job done unfortunately.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

And strike 3 your out!, 2.5Ghz just not enough to get the job done unfortunately.

Even though I do it with 2GHz and 2Gigs of RAM...Not perfect, mind you, but still decent and not very many stutters.....the secret...No Payware anything!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have 17 alienware laptop with 2.5g ,i7 processor nvida 860m graphics card

so I was expecting to get a descent performance running FSX.

I am finding the graphics are not that good, quite disappointing, and also the fan on my laptop runs full belt constantly

all my other stuff I use is all ok, i use a lot of 3d stuff for my pc and is fine, so something is not right or is this the way it is you need a better graphics card?

I have am using fsx delux and updated 2 service packs, can anyone advise.

Check your cpu load, if it is >90% or so, even in only one core, then you have a CPU bottleneck, which is the option most probable due to your rig.

..I am finding the graphics are not that good, quite disappointing..

I didn't even get that far on my old low-end PC, it kept overheating then locking up after a few minutes of playing FSX and other high-end games, and I had to power-off to get out of it.

I later bought a super-duper high-end PC and all my problems went away..:)

Archived