Sounds for your AI aircraft

MaVe_64

Searching for good sounds for AI I found out that there's not much to find. Mostly the sounds you can find are for the plane you're flying, and that's not the same: then the internal sounds are made as if you are fixed close to your own engine, and in a jet that's allways in front of it. So just copying the files in the SOUND folder to a SOUNDAI folder of the AI aircraft will give you unreal internal sounds of AI aircraft passing by. Also, the 'normal' internal sounds don't use 3D soundcones because your position is fixed relative to your aircraft anyway.

Also, these sounds are far to complex for AI, each engine doesn't need a separate soundmap, you are not sitting in between the engines, the AI aircraft is mostly in the distance, so simple is better.

So I thought why not make them myself. My idea of a good AI sound pack is that they are as lightweight as possible but with well thought-out sound cones (fsx) and good and realistic sound files. The external sounds should be crisp and clear and internal the same sounds should be identical only somewhat muffled.

Engine spool-up with grinding fan sound and landings with reverser thrust is what we want!

I first made a A320 sound pack, you can download and try it. Tell me if it's good or crap, so I know if I should make more... I'm working on the B777 next, so tell me if you want more.

Oh, to the real sound freaks out there, I'm not a speciast in engine types so don't expect 100% authentic correct sounds. But if you have any suggestions or tips, please tell me.

** New sound update! **

Airbus A320 **improved**

Boeing 777 **improved**

Boeing 737 **NEW**

Boeing 747 **NEW**

Download in the Library, search for "mavepack".

**UPDATE**

I have made a youtube channel, so you can now check out my AI sounds before you decide to download something.

Also, new versions and news will be posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwUbKAb-mAjLROumiSSVmPQ

http://i.imgur.com/mSi0bsg.jpg

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

Well, I don't know. I'm using the package for UT2 planes and have linked WOAI too. I probably didn't notice any similarities, because there are not that many different engines in use today (at least in my part of the world).

Absolute you are right ;) (Idiot of late MS programers posible young gamers) they change AI sound for the worst after MS98 You seat onside you plane and its so laud UNREALISTIC, and if you spot out.. haha.. bearly you hear the AI planes Simple Stupid! FSX did a good job but many old stuff that work really good before, just simple "deleted"

Absolute you are right ;) (Idiot of late MS programers posible young gamers) they change AI sound for the worst after MS98 You seat onside you plane and its so laud UNREALISTIC, and if you spot out.. haha.. bearly you hear the AI planes Simple Stupid! FSX did a good job but many old stuff that work really good before, just simple "deleted"

I been buying this product of MS since 1980 everyone of his FS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw in a few comments after trying your sound package. Now this is from a download of maybe a few days ago so I don't believe your latest download is even listed yet (do you upload at the other site as well or only here?).

As mentioned the reversers, and this is just for the 737, it was really faint (for me that is). This was from the viewpoint of outside the aircraft. Yet, inside they appear much louder. The thrusters sounded nothing like your 747 video so I need to head on over to an airport which has a lot of 747's (probably Hong Kong), and see if i hear like the video above.

You got some really good stuff going on here. I would think about adding a engine startup when pulling away from the gate and also an engine shutdown. Have heard that using other sounds and it adds a nice touch of immersion.

Curious, can one switch sound files? By that I mean if the 747 thrusters are louder can I use them for the 737's? I'm sure I will know in a few minutes after I just try it but thought I would ask.

Just thought I would throw in a few comments after trying your sound package. Now this is from a download of maybe a few days ago so I don't believe your latest download is even listed yet (do you upload at the other site as well or only here?).

As mentioned the reversers, and this is just for the 737, it was really faint (for me that is). This was from the viewpoint of outside the aircraft. Yet, inside they appear much louder. The thrusters sounded nothing like your 747 video so I need to head on over to an airport which has a lot of 747's (probably Hong Kong), and see if i hear like the video above.

You got some really good stuff going on here. I would think about adding a engine startup when pulling away from the gate and also an engine shutdown. Have heard that using other sounds and it adds a nice touch of immersion.

Curious, can one switch sound files? By that I mean if the 747 thrusters are louder can I use them for the 737's? I'm sure I will know in a few minutes after I just try it but thought I would ask.

I will look into the 737 reversers, maybe I made an error. Looks like it, if they are louder inside...

Yes you can switch wav files, but being too soft is likely an issue in the soundai.cfg. I tried to avoid using the same sounds for each aircraft, want to keep them unique.

http://i.imgur.com/mSi0bsg.jpg

MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

Archived