Missing Instrument Panels

Batman47

Here's a puzzler... I can create a new instrument panel for all except the PFD and the Switch panel. When I try to create those the mouse icon just displays a rotating circle like it's trying to do something but never succeeds in doing anything. It's as if the system can't find those 2 panels. All the other instrument panels load correctly. The funny thing is, those 2 loaded correctly the first time I did this but never again after the first load.

BTW.... Is it true that you need to create these panels every time you load FSX? I was hoping that, if you saved a flight, it would return the same way the next time you started FSX.

I'm betting that some experienced simmer out there has the answer to this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

for the pfd . Just an idea. In the plane you have put it in as a 2d popup panel, also assign it as a gauge in the VC.

If you choose the right spot in the VC you can place it so the pfd isn't visible. You can make it very small in the vc too, so it doesn't interfere with clickspots.

Just a thought. I have no idea if it will work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"I can create a new instrument panel for all except the PFD"

Are you trying to create/substitute an entire panel/cockpit for an aircraft, or just add a "Window" with gauges in it or just add a gauge?

What is the aircraft you are trying to modify and what is the name of the gauge(s) you are trying to add?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I assume the OP is talking about popup panels like the Shift+(Numbers) for radio stack, GPS, PDF/MFD. It would help to know the aircraft and what switch panel he is referring to.

I tried what was suggested earlier for trying to have the popups in place after saving a flight, but it did not work. Life is tough and you just have to re-pop 'em again.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What is interesting is the claim the popup (actually number key Window) worked once then from now on gets a busy icon. This is a sign the Window assignment likely works, but the machine hardware is way too over-taxed. As a developer myself, I have found it VERY USEFUL to create TWO saved option files. One has VERY LOW settings which allows almost instant load times which is used while experimenting/testing/modding and another with the "normal" or high settings you use when flying for fun after you know that everything works properly. This will reduce your mod time by 50% or more and the error dialogs appear sooner.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I assume the OP is talking about popup panels like the Shift+(Numbers) for radio stack, GPS, PDF/MFD. It would help to know the aircraft and what switch panel he is referring to.

I tried what was suggested earlier for trying to have the popups in place after saving a flight, but it did not work. Life is tough and you just have to re-pop 'em again.

I'm referring to the G1000 PFD in the Skyhawk. When I select VIEWS, INSTRUMENT PANEL, PFD I get a wait icon. The other IP views all work fine.

Is it possible the the G1000.cab file in the Gauges folder is corrupt?

I'm referring to the G1000 PFD in the Skyhawk. When I select VIEWS, INSTRUMENT PANEL, PFD I get a wait icon. The other IP views all work fine.

Is it possible the the G1000.cab file in the Gauges folder is corrupt?

OK, that's good info! Now, since I don't have the G1000 in the 172, I will let others who do, carry on!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived