Two different FSX packages, wish to place on same PC...

md11nlm

Purpose is to separate a complete default on one SSD (E:\), second install for all the addon's, aircraft, weather package, you name it, will go to the first SSD (D:\).

Oddly enough, will not allow second install as it "thinks" that either I want to (only) remove or repair. Gloom!

How may I get around this? Regedit issue? Renaming "FSX Custom II (Base)" as I expected to call the second install on a separate drive (SSD) FSX Custom I....Help :-{ ) Only one idea does come to mind, disengage drive that has base FSX onboard, somehow in my feeble mind, won't work because of the Registry is knowing all.

Thanking for help and ideas in advance,

Best regards,

MD11nlm

I5 (overclockable) base 3.4gHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia Geoforce 770

3 SSD's

1 Partitioned (5) 1-TB standard HD

American Airlines, the businessman's airline

Don't know if this will work, but I assume one install of FSX will be the executable one for flying and the other will be for addon aircraft, etc. storage?

Would just copying the entire FSX folder from the first install and pasting to the 2nd drive work? Then you would give the proper paths to your addons.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Mr. Zippy,

However, copy and paste to another drive doesn't work, as many files were not copied. Dread.

Seems to me I should look at registry editor, but that's dangerous, lacking the experience and all.

Later I may disengage E:\ drive, then attempt to install FSX Custom I, hopefully if will work!

I want to clarify, I have two FSX Software, one give to me as a gift back in 2011, another I purchased recently.

Thanks again.

American Airlines, the businessman's airline

Did you try renaming the present FSX folder to something else before trying to

install the 2nd copy? Seems to me it let me install a new copy when I had a another

version on the same drive. But I renamed the existing FSX folder first.

I always use "FSX" as my running sim folder, and all the others are named something

else, like FSX-F, FSX-T, etc.. By renaming folders, I can run any one of them.

If it still won't let you, I would just copy over an existing copy to that drive.

You could use the TweakFS Registry Utility if you needed to make one copy or the

other the actual FSX version as far as the registry is concerned.

Thanks Mr. Zippy,

However, copy and paste to another drive doesn't work, as many files were not copied. Dread.

That doesn't make any sense.. It should have copied over every single file and folder.

I've done it many times. Never had a problem. About the only way it would not copy

over files would be if they were in use, or some type of disk/data issue.. ??

I've never had any trouble copying sims on a single drive, or to other drives.

Archived