Problem with Real World Scenery - Florida pack

sidfadc

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. Last night I paid $39.95 for the florida scenery pack from fspilotshop.com. The transaction went smooth enough, I had to download a small zip file which contained .html file. This le redirected me to web page where I have to download the four regions individually, eg central northeastern etc. the whole download is 120GB!

The problem is when i click the links to ownload the individual zip files i get a 404 page canno be found error? This happens on 90% of the files which obviously renders the purchase useless!

I have emailed a support ticket to fspilots and over at realworldscenery.com but no joy.

Can anyone help?

The flightsim.com forum is seperate from the pilotshop.

If you need assistance with your purchase you will have to ask them, over at the pilotshop.

(contact the seller/vendor)

Read here info on a 404 error.

Sometimes you can get to the page in another way. Sometimes it just works again later.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/404error.htm

(this is just the first page I came across when looking for "404 error", but I think it's pretty complete. One thing I don't think they mention is "try using a different browser".)

good luck, hope you have your software soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted pilot shop and the vendor but no reply yet, thats why I am asking here see if anyone else has run into the same problem. I have tried it through firefox as well but the same problem occurs.

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted pilot shop and the vendor but no reply yet, thats why I am asking here see if anyone else has run into the same problem. I have tried it through firefox as well but the same problem occurs.

Normally that error occurs when the download link has expired.

Another thought, could it be your firewall is blocking acces to that domain?

A few days ago I couldn't view content on www.microsoft.com/support all of a sudden.

Turned out I had to manually add the domain www.microsoft.com to my firewall so it would allow a connection. It had stopped the proces without showing a warning, so it took some time to figure that one out!

(I am not using the windows firewall, but have a different one installed.)

I believe I got a 404 that time as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived