FSX Instant Replay Jittery and cannot see control surfaces moving.

briguyy

Hi all,

Im a newbie here and would like to say hi.

I have been plagued with this problem in FSX instant replay where from any view the aircraft and scenery is very jittery and laggy, also when i land i cannot see my spoilers go up or my engine reversers activate. I remember years ago when FSX first came out i didnt have this problem. Could it be something to do with my system or settings?

My fsx.cfg is pretty stock except for Highmemfix and Bufferpools and affinty mask settings and in FSX settings im pretty conservative on the sliders. Im getting about 26-45 FPS at major airports in the PMPG 737 NGX but i am not using any addonn airports at all. The only addonns i have you can see in my signature.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it really bothers me to see my replay like that.

Thanks,

Brian

FSX GOLD EDition w/Acceleration, Pack, P3D 2.5,Intel I-5 4670K OC'ed to 4.0, 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 MOBO,Nvidia GTX 960 Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Microsoft Thrustmaster Joystick.

I usually watch the Instant Replay in the "Locked Spot" view. Cycling the A key several times will help with the jitters. Do you also have "Advanced Animations" checked in your settings?

Welcome aboard! It didn't take long for your post to go through.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Yes i have "Advanced animations" checked in my settings.
FSX GOLD EDition w/Acceleration, Pack, P3D 2.5,Intel I-5 4670K OC'ed to 4.0, 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 MOBO,Nvidia GTX 960 Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Microsoft Thrustmaster Joystick.

Are you using autospoilers or hitting the / key to deploy when landing? Depending on the aircraft, the landing may be too hard and causing the spoilers not to deploy or to immediately retract. Which aircraft are you flying and is it default or addon?

Another thing to think about....When are you watching this replay? Is it after you taxi and park shutting down everything? The best time to view something like a landing is to do it as soon as you pull off the runway while everything is powered up.

Lately i have been flying the PMDG 737 NGX addonn . I arm the spoilers so they deploy as soon as wheels down. the same with the thrust reversers. The time when i watch my planes replay is on the ground right after landing and exited the runway. Like i said before the twichyness happens with all my aircraft too.

The higher poly demand from high rez aircraft, the worse the animation quality. Advance animations and high options settings also cause problems.

It looks like you have a strong CPU (4 gHz) and P3D. Do you have the same problem in Acceleration as you do with P3D? If you use a spot view while flying, do you have the same low rates as the playback?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Yeah i have the same problems in P3D too. I have never tried landing in spot view before but i can try taxxing around in spot view i guess and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Ok so I just loaded up a default FSX 737 and took off from LAX in SPOT view and flew for about 2 minutes then went back to look at the replay and is was stuttering just like before.

I have a feeling that ORBX GLobal and Vector is causing these problems because its trying to load all the houses and trees and rivers etc. Because back in the day when I flew FSX with no addonns and the default aircraft there was none of this stuttering instant replay....just saying. But I don't know.

I just finished a test flight in my Northwest/Delta 747 landing at Miami. Looking at the replay all animations, flaps, spoilers and thrust reversers show nicely. Just a note, it always pays big dividends to mention ALL of the Payware addons in play in your first post. It will help keep the guessing to a minimum.

Here is my guess (going from most likely to least likely).

-Too many processes running in the background (robing you of CPU and Memory)

-Your Video card is overheating

-Your CPU is overheating

-You have a bad memory stick

-Your Power Supply (PSU) needs to be larger (ie: 800 watt -vs- 500 watt)

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Here is my guess (going from most likely to least likely).

-Too many processes running in the background (robing you of CPU and Memory)

-Your Video card is overheating

-Your CPU is overheating

-You have a bad memory stick

-Your Power Supply (PSU) needs to be larger (ie: 800 watt -vs- 500 watt)

Chuck B

Napamule

Thanks for the tips. I will look into them and let you guys know.

Ok so I just loaded up a default FSX 737 and took off from LAX in SPOT view and flew for about 2 minutes then went back to look at the replay and is was stuttering just like before.

I have a feeling that ORBX GLobal and Vector is causing these problems because its trying to load all the houses and trees and rivers etc. Because back in the day when I flew FSX with no addonns and the default aircraft there was none of this stuttering instant replay....just saying. But I don't know.

Shouldn't be global or vector, unless you are starving for puter horsepower.

And you shouldn't be with your rig. You have way more GPU power than I do,

and I don't really see too much of that twitching.

I bet part of the problem is using the default FSX replay, which is prone to being

twitchy compared to the one in FSrecorder.

If that is what you are using, I bet you would do better if you used the FSrecorder

replay instead.

I just uploaded another video, and it has a good number of outside views, and

very little twitching or stuttering. And I'm running the FA/18 at 300-400+ knots

low level. And I'm using both Global and Vector, with most scenery settings at

max. The only thing not max, is the water is mid way 2 x low FX, and no building shadows.

Everything else is full to the right. Max scenery, and max autogen. And I'm using only

the onboard HD 4600 video, which is fairly lame in the overall scheme of things GPU..

Anyway, I bet it's the stock FSX replay function, rather than your hardware and such.

A link to the new video which is in the video forum..

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?290274-SFO-Mayhem-Redux

You will not see your control surfaces moving in FSX replay. For that you need FS Recorder, which is a much better basic replayer than the built-in one and has many other features to recommend it.

I have seen this statement made in many older AVSIM and Flightsim.com threads. If this is true, then I'd sure like to know what it is I'm seeing happen when I watch an Instant Replay of the last 250 seconds of my landing, being able to see the flaps move, spoilers deploy and the engine thrust reversers go into action. I guess I got the magical version of FSX??

I have seen this statement made in many older AVSIM and Flightsim.com threads. If this is true, then I'd sure like to know what it is I'm seeing happen when I watch an Instant Replay of the last 250 seconds of my landing, being able to see the flaps move, spoilers deploy and the engine thrust reversers go into action. I guess I got the magical version of FSX??

Me too!! Only thing I don't see is AI aircraft.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

If this is true, then I'd sure like to know what it is I'm seeing happen when I watch an Instant Replay of the last 250 seconds of my landing, being able to see the flaps move, spoilers deploy and the engine thrust reversers go into action.

Apparently you are seeing the flaps, spoilers thrust reversers move. Your control surfaces, on the other hand, will remain resolutely motionless.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

I am willing to bet you don't see aileron, elevator and rudder movements either.

I'll check it out after another test flight. You are probably right! I was trying to keep within what the OP had problems with seeing, ie Spoilers and thrust reverser deployment.

After another quick test, I do agree that the control surfaces of ailerons, rudder and actually the flaps don't show movement in Instant Replay. FRAPS or FSRecorder will be the best be.

Hi all,

Im a newbie here and would like to say hi.

I have been plagued with this problem in FSX instant replay where from any view the aircraft and scenery is very jittery and laggy, also when i land i cannot see my spoilers go up or my engine reversers activate.

I do see why you are saying "Control Surfaces". The OP was calling the spoilers and thrust reversers by that name. His title is misleading.

Hey i just want to say thanks for all the support on this thread. Its obvious my instant replay is broken so i used your advice and tried FS Recorder and to my amazement smooth as silk and i can see my flaps and spoilers and thrust reversers moving now. I am so pleased. I was just about to dump FSX and now one of the main reasons i like it is that i can see my approaches and landings from cockpit, spot and wing view and see things moving is great.

Very much appreciated!!,

Brian

For what it's worth, here is my Fraps Settings. You might try some/all and see if this works with FSX Instant Replay. Notice the 'Video Capture Settings'. You might want to uncheck 'Force Lossless RGB...'.

Chuck B

Napamule

Fraps Settings.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived