Carenado Takeoff Distance

Hello,

I am flying the Carenado Embraer Phenom 100. I tried to take off out of KLOU on 24 which is a 4358 ft runway. (I checked and the AFCAD says it is too). On the Embraer website, it says the aircraft can takeoff with a Max Takeoff weight in about 3500 ft... Why can I not do this in FSX? Is there somewhere in the aircraft.cfg to modify this? Thanks for your help

Hello,

I am flying the Carenado Embraer Phenom 100. I tried to take off out of KLOU on 24 which is a 4358 ft runway. (I checked and the AFCAD says it is too). On the Embraer website, it says the aircraft can takeoff with a Max Takeoff weight in about 3500 ft... Why can I not do this in FSX? Is there somewhere in the aircraft.cfg to modify this? Thanks for your help

Not to be picking the nit, but I live in and on occasion RW fly out of Louisville's Bowman Field. All the sites I am aware of say KLOU 6/24 is 4,326'. Not that is a big deal, but that's what I read.

Why an airplane which should have a 3,500' takeoff requirement can't get off in 4,326' is beyond me.

Please advise as to what you find out!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hello,

My guess is hat you haven't got ATR on.

I don't know if this is a fair comparison between the Carenado and a freeware Phenom 100 but I tried it at runway 24 at KLOU (Updated AFCAD installed).

Using about 90% N1, takeoff flaps, 2 clicks of elevator trim, 100% full tanks...here is the result!

KLOU 24.JPG

Wheels up way before the end of the runway

KLOU1.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Tips for some reduced runway take offs.

Set the power to full with wheel brakes on, allowing the engines to spool up to 100% before wheel brakes off. Set flaps to 0, yes zero!. get ground speed to 80knots first then apply setting 2 on flaps. with flaps down from the start you have increased drag giving you less acceleration. a advisory iOS +9-10 on trim setting. i set to 5 to allow that initial acceleration then into 10 when electing flaps at 80knots. apply as little rudder as possible to maintain less frictional forces . keep the wheels going straight as much as possible not always down the centre line if required but just keep on the runway.

The Carendao phenom sing the fattest accelerator from wheel brakes off so as i say get that engines spooled first.

I you enter enough trim you won't be able to KEEP it from lifting. Look at trim wheel and press Numpad 1 key about 20 consecutive times in a row without pausing. That should do it, even if you are max load, 15% of flaps, and do slow roll takeoff. Don't force it-use a bigger hammer (ie: up pitch trim). And the reason you have problem lifting off is that it's nose heavy (bad flight model) caused by load placement, fuel tank location, and engine location.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

AirNav has it as 4358. I believe the difference between our two numbers is the full extra length at the beginning of 6. Your number is threshold to threshold as mine is full length.

I believe the elevator trim was the problem.

Archived