Cyborg Joystick

Eugarp

I am looking for some advise on ideal settings for my Cyborg Joystick, I am finding it difficult to control the aircraft when taxiing. Any help would be appreciated

What type of trouble?  Steering too sensitive, you weave down the runway like a drunken sailor?  Or the aircraft doesn't want to turn?

If the latter, you're possibly taxiing too fast;  10-15kts is good for most aircraft, a bit slower when turning.  If the former, it's often the steering angle set in the aircraft cfg file.

With many aircraft, particularly tail-draggers, you need differential braking to help with steering (F11 and F12 keys for left and right brakes).  And make sure the tailwheel isn't locked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eugarp said:

I am finding it difficult to control the aircraft when taxiing. Any help would be appreciated

Often this is just a simple matter of over-controlling, exacerbated by too much speed (as identified by jgf)..

"Lean" more into the direction you wish to turn (twist grip), instead of large twisting movements. 

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

What kind of Aircraft are you predominantly flying? They all react a little bit differently on the ground depending on Type. 

I would suggest going slowly when starting out; no more than 10 Knots. Scan ahead of the Tarmac;/Taxiway when planning a Turn, and follow the Centerline.

The AIM says "no faster than a brisk walking speed" with GA Airplanes. 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

3 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Often this is just a simple matter of over-controlling, exacerbated by too much speed (as identified by jgf)..

To expand on this a bit: So many folks have a tendency to think "movement of controls" rather than "add pressure to controls" resulting in making any correction input larger than needed, resulting in over-controlling. So think tiny corrections, pressure rather than movement, then if you see it's not quite enough you can add an additional tiny touch of correction.

Note, too, that when on the runway or taxiway lots of folks have a tendency to look too close to the aircraft, when they should, at the closest, be looking at least a few hundred feet ahead -- on the runway during takeoff and landing you probably should be looking near the far end of the runway -- in order to be able to judge those tiny corrections. And this is with all control inputs, not just rudder or steering.

Think of when you're driving a car, how little you normally move the steering wheel if you're just lane-keeping rather than turning.

• Like 2

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!