Hi all, I was wondering:

1.  If I buy FS2020 now, will there be an upgrade path to FS2024, or will I need to pay the full price for the new release? I currently have FSX so I would probably just wait.

2.  On one of the videos or forums I got the idea that FS2024 will require at least 4 gig memory on the GPU. Is this true and if so can someone recommend a GPU in the “sweet spot” ? That’s one that provides good performance but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? Is Radon or GEforce preferred?

thanks

The minimum specs should be the same as for FS2020 because FS2024 is better optimized even though it has more features than FS2020.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2024 at 2:22 PM, wobbie said:

There is no upgrade path to FS2024, as it is a new & separate sim.

Rather wait until when it is launched, to see what the specs are.

bitlife

Has there been an official announcement about the official release date yet?

8 hours ago, herringburden said:

Has there been an official announcement about the official release date yet?

I saw a Nov 19th date mentioned on their website.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx