Flight Planners

I know this has been done to death but I can't find an answer to my specific requirements. I want a Flight Planner for both VFR and IFR flights. I have an iPad which I would like to use so it has to be either iPad specific or Web based and accessible via a browser. I have looked at a few but they are either subscription based or very "USA centric". ( I do not know if this is a huge disadvantage or not) I don't mind a one off purchase but I don't want an ongoing subscription. I have been using Plan G which is very good but either runs on the same PC as FSX or if networked the same PC as my Gauges. Unfortunately the two do not interact well.

Perhaps an EFB app will fit the bill but these tend to be quite complicated and as I am new to all this and don't understand all the features any advice would be welcome.

Alan

There seems to be a few, but I ran across this one a while back that looks

pretty good. But I haven't tried it yet as I get most all mine from Flightaware,

and use the real world paths for my usual jet flights.

But I'll probably check it out sooner or later.. You can access it with a browser.

Don't know about the iPad.

http://www.simbrief.com/home/

Cheers. It looks more like a dispatcher than a flight planner but I may create an account and take a look. I was thinking of something like SkyVector but that doesn't seem to show aerodrome/runway layouts for anywhere other than the USA otherwise it would be OK.

vRoute is my planner of choice. There is a Pro version or a free version.

It allows exporting to nearly all flightplan types. There us an iPad App as well as Windows versions.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Archived