ORBX EU England scenery issues

I've decided to post on here because it seems to be a far more active forum than either the official or unofficial Support Forums for ORBX products and I'm keen to resolve this issue.

I have been using ORBX EU England for a few months flying GA without any problems and love the scenery. The problem is that I have been trying to fly with larger default aircraft Airbus, 737 etc. but I cannot get a session to load. The aircraft crashes immediately as it appears to be embedded in either a building or a vehicle and the scenery begins to reload. If it does load it appears on the other side of the building to where the gate is. I have tried both Gatwick and Heathrow and numerous gates, small, medium and heavy all to the same affect.

I do not have any other aircraft or scenery add-ons.

Alan

I've decided to post on here because it seems to be a far more active forum than either the official or unofficial Support Forums for ORBX products and I'm keen to resolve this issue.

I have been using ORBX EU England for a few months flying GA without any problems and love the scenery. The problem is that I have been trying to fly with larger default aircraft Airbus, 737 etc. but I cannot get a session to load. The aircraft crashes immediately as it appears to be embedded in either a building or a vehicle and the scenery begins to reload. If it does load it appears on the other side of the building to where the gate is. I have tried both Gatwick and Heathrow and numerous gates, small, medium and heavy all to the same affect.

Alan

I am no expert, but the Orbx team would be the best people to ask. Supply them with your product registration details and you'll get A+ support.

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Alan

I see you posted your question on the Orbx forum, they won't answer you unless you include your order number. Even then expect a long wait....days......maybe weeks.

I don't have my order number. Who keeps order numbers? There does not appear to be any registration number on either the CD box or the Orbx Dialog box so that's not much help. If this means I'm left high and dry I wont be buying any more Orbx products that's for sure.

Hi Alan,

I've just visited the support forum at Orbx and you have a reply to your post.

The reply given also states that you must supply your order number. If purchased from the FSS you'll find the order number in your confirmation email.

If you purchased your product from elsewhere, then Orbx supply tips on how to produce the relevant information. It's an easy task and well worth doing if one is to take advantage of their knowledgeable and friendly support team.

Orbx, like many other developers, suffer greatly from pirating. Because of this (and rightly so) they ask customers for proof of purchase before support is given.

Dig out the number and I'm sure they'll get you sorted;)

Regards

Dominic

Short term solution is to have the flight start on the active runway. Save that, and then slew or taxi to a suitable gate location. Save THAT as the flight and you are good to go.

Thereafter, save the flight when on the ground and not embedded in a building.

I don't have any problem with validating the software it just seems a strange way to do it. Most software has a registration key and it's written on the CD box. I can't even remember where I bought it. I know it wasn't from Australia though but I have emailed the Flight Sim store. I have to say I am not impressed but admit it's partly my own fault. I will have to hope that someone else comes up with a solution.

Archived