FSX Steam Edition Crashing

Jamesofflybe

So I went to run FSX-SE and it crashed. I uninstalled all my addons and it crashed. I reinstalled and you guessed it, it crashed. I checked the event viewer and it referred to NTDLL.DLL and I can't find a fix that works. I have FSX installed from a disc aswell and that runs perfectly. I have taken ownership of the FSX-SE directory and nothing works.

1.60GHz AMD A8 APU

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Windows 10 Build 10074

Please help.

-James

• 5 months later...
Guest GoliathOneTwo
How am I supposed to turn down the sliders when I can't get into FSX SE itself. Everytime I click run, the loading screen pops up and then the "has stopped working" pops up and forces me to close the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times, only to have the same problem.

How am I supposed to turn down the sliders when I can't get into FSX SE itself. Everytime I click run, the loading screen pops up and then the "has stopped working" pops up and forces me to close the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times, only to have the same problem.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Below is just an example of what you will see!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived