Cessna 310

jgf

Anyone know of a good, free, Cessna 310 for FS2004?  

I still have the old Lopez model with several updates but it is definitely showing its age.  Found several references to a 310 "original by Cas Stephens, new .air file and modifications by Johan Peeters", but all links are dead.

The only alternative I've found is payware, wouldn't mind except ....

MSFS is the new thing, market moving to it;  P3D is old but still updating;  FSX is old;  FS2004 is ancient;  FS2002 is prehistoric, yet they are still asking $24 for this 20 year old payware for a flightsim from five generations ago.  (Compare to other payware of the era that is now either free or greatly reduced.)  Lol, "This product requires more advanced system specifications than the default aircraft. We recommend at a minimum a 1.5 GHZ processor, 64 MB video card, 512 MB system RAM, and Windows XP. "

I've had an (old freeware) Cessna-310 for many years and am still very happy with it. No idea though about who the original author was but as far as I'm concerned, he did a great job for me and for the whole FS9 community.

I added two separately downloaded paints, sounds, a custom panel and have had no issues with those combinations whatsoever. In fact, my Cessna-310 (still) flies perfectly within it's own classifacation and can be navigated wonderfully. Moreover, I don't recall ever having installed any updates for it.

"Showing it's age" ?? Where should I look to see it's possibly age related issues ??

Regards

Hans

• Like 1

This is one version of the Lopez model (which dates from early 2003), relatively low poly count, relatively low res textures.  Great in its day, and apparently the only freeware 3d model available;  updates are for airfiles, instrumentation, and liveries.  Still nice to fly, but I've been spoiled by advancements in modeling over the years.

u-3b_fs9.thumb.jpg.e3c2e506cee518a91fa6cbd341b4cc7f.jpg

JGF,

Nice picture of which the model seems very different to my Cessna-310. However, in the meantime I've been tearing my hair out with trying to find out where my "Print Screen" key places the picture of my own Cessna-310, so that I can at least (try to) post it like you did.

Can you please help me to point my nose in the right direction. I'm using Win7.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Where are the Print Screen Pictures saved in Windows 7?

Press the Windows key + PrintScreen on your keyboard (or, PrtScr). Screenshots are automatically saved to My pictures/Screenshots in your user directory (C:/Users/%username%/My Pictures/Screenshots by default).Aug 5, 2022

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help and I will certainly now try to find the screen print pics.

In the meantime I had a good look at my own Cessna-310L and even found the original manual, which was included in the "Dual" self installer software by Flight1. "Dual" in this case means that the self installer would automatically install into FS2002 or into FS2004, whichever it found in one's PC while both versions were evidently not compatable. This means that when any simmer migrated from FS2002 to FS2004, the self installer should have been run again after their migration.

Anyway, JGF, my basic Cessna-310L is the FS2004 (FS9) "L" version by Flight1 Software and I received it as a birthday present more than 20 years ago. I have flown it in FS2002 and have finally re-installed it into my FS2004 as soon as that became available. It only has two textures, a-two-tone blue and a-two-tone green one.

I hope this helps to answer your query.

Regards

Hans

Easier than saving to clipboard and pasting into a graphics program is an old FS utility "FSScreen" (probably in library here).  Run it in the background and whenever you hit the PRNTSCRN key it grabs the entire screen and saves it as a bmp to a folder of your choice.  Not just for FS, I use it to grab website images, other games, error messages, etc. Just remember to close it when done or it will happily grab any images being copied/pasted by any other program (such as a graphics editor). (Image I posted was from the download of that livery.)

53 minutes ago, hjwalter said:

my basic Cessna-310L is the FS2004 (FS9) "L" version by Flight1 Software

Didn't want to mention any names but that is the payware to which I referred, lol.

Hey Guys,

My printscreen problem has suddenly become my latest (FS) obsession because nothing seems to work, neither does the downloaded "FSScreen program" or does anything else I read on the internet. This has now gone so far that I'm even beginning to suspect the "PrintScreen" key on my remote keyboard. Tomorrow, I will try my last option by connecting a wired keyboard. However, if that also fails ............... ??

Hans

Don't know if this could be causing issues:

How do I show hidden files and folders in Windows 7?

Windows 7
  1. Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
  2. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
  3. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Possibly something on your system is intercepting the PRNTSCRN command or has remapped that key for something else. 

Normal function is hitting that key saves whatever is on the screen to the clipboard, you open MSPaint (or any other graphics program) and select "paste" and that image should appear, save it if you wish.  Clipboard is temporary storage, copying anything else overwrites what is there, so save whatever you put there as soon as possible.  FSScreen merely monitors the clipboard and whenever it sees an image there automatically saves it, numbering the images sequentially up to 999, then it starts overwriting the oldest (a 1920x1080 bmp is around 6meg, can quickly eat up HD space).

Hi all,

My suspicions turned out to be correct about the "PrintScreen" key on my remote keyboard.

I dug up one of my dusty old wired keyboards out of my cupboard and connected it to my dedicated FS desktop. The printscreen key worked immediately and I was directly able to "paste" the result in my standard Win7 Paint program. After a little size-editing and "copy/paste" experimentation, my resulting Cessna-310 can finally be seen below. At least I hope so.

The "printscreen" key on my remote keyboard was one of those whereby another key must be pressed simultaneously, e.g. ALT, Enter, Windows logo key, etc. but none of these combinations worked. However, the "printscreen" key on my wired keyboard did not require such a simultaneous key press and worked immediately.

You're never to old to learn and in this case I only needed to fully realize that my issue was not an FS issue but a keyboard/Windows7 one.

Regards

Hans

Cessna 310.jpg

• Thanks 1