Milviz Cessna 310R CTD in Windows 11

Ray Hff

Go to Start. Search for Events Logs. Open View event logs. Navigate to Custom Views and then Administrative Events and locate the error by FSX.

I'll show you an example of the error details :

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what is needed!, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x04f40000

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also, is this an aircraft that you have had for a while?  It isn't a P3d model  I did see one post about some files in the P3d folder that cause an instant CTD in P3d.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

They don't now, Charlie, but MilViz did offer a C-310 for FSX- I have it. It's also been modified a little to work on P3D V2.4.  The version I have was copyright ©2010 and ©2013.

• Thanks 1

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks, Larry!  I thought they did that's why I asked if he had it for a while.  I doubt the problem is caused by Win11.  I had the thought that an older version for FSX might work only in a 32 bit environment.  Will have to wait to see what the faulting module is. 🙃

Such issues are often due to an incompatible gauge, particularly nav or com gauges;  also any gauge which interacts with the system (had a "Radio/CD" gauge which let you operate your computer's CD drive from an "in-dash" unit on the panel, when I transitioned to Win7 any aircraft with this gauge would instantly CTD on loading).

To Zippy:

For starters, I'm a bit in over my head here; but, here's what I've uncovered.

In Windows 11, you can begin by opening the "Event Viewer".

Searching for any errors at the time FSX closed shows a only series of several errors all of which looked like the two below.

Id = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = FRONT; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 3128; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::CreateInstanceEnum - root\wmi : HpqBIntM; ResultCode = 0x80041032; PossibleCause = Unknown

Id = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = FRONT; User = Front\Main; ClientProcessId = 4500; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - root\cimv2 : SELECT * FROM Win32_NTLogEvent Where Logfile = 'Application' and SourceName = 'Windows Error Reporting' and EventCode=1001 ; ResultCode = 0x80041032; PossibleCause = Unknown

I really don't know how to interpret either of those.

The Milviz 310R is from a purchase long ago.

I have dozens of other aircraft add-ons -- all of which work just fine.

This is all in FSX.

I'm stumped.

56 minutes ago, Ray Hff said:

I'm stumped

That makes about 3 or 4 of us! 😳  Is the switch to Win 11 recent?  Did the aircraft work a long time ago when you first got it?  I remember some FS2004 aircraft that would give the same CTD when hitting the Fly Now tab.  It was caused by not putting a certain .dll into the main FSX folder for cockpit key-click sounds.  My thopught is that you have something missing for that aircraft

It worked fine long time ago.

I also have access to a Windows 10 computer.  It runs fine on the Windows 10.

I've since copied the original Windows 10 aircraft onto the Windows 11 and it crashes the same as the Windows 11 version of the aircraft.

I thought maybe with all the extra photoreal scenery I have on the Windows 11 computer that it might be a Virtual Memory issue.  I maximized the VM and still no joy. 

At this point, I'm just going to throw in the towel on the Milviz 310R.

Ray, are you using the disc version of FSX or FSX-Steam Edition?

If you are using the Steam Edition you can repair any bad files:

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 

or

1. Log on to Steam
2. Select "View Games Library" from the "Games" menu
3. Right-click the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition icon and select "Properties"
4. Select the "Local Files" tab and click on "Verify Integrity of Games Cache"

Careful with some of the Milvis free stuff some marked as FSX will not work in FSX

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs