Electrical failure. Posky 737s with PsPanel.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

Long time since posting.

I have a very annoying problem.

When I take a flight in any of (and there are many)my Posky 737s equipped with the very nice PsPanels panel at a point in the flight I here a little click and at that moment I  loose all electrical systems and autopilot stops functioning. Nothing I do will restart my AP.This is intensely irritating as the a PsPanel does not always take kindly to reloading of the aircraft in flight.

I had this same issue some years ago, but can't remember how I resolved it.

Anyway if there are any suggestions I would very much appreciate it.

Seems strange having to post an Fs9 issue these days as it usually rock solid and is joy to fly .

Cheers to all

Andy

Andy,

Did you switch on your generator(s) immediately after having started your engine(s) ? Do you not receive any warning lights on your panel(s), e.g. about low battery voltages and/or generator problems ?

Regards

Hans

• Like 1

Hello All

As an update to my original queation I have tried a couple of things.........1. I have started my sim session by selecting the default flight first. I have shut down the cessna (As you  know in the default the cessna is up and running, avionics on etc etc ) having  done that i then select the aircraft i actually want and move it to the departure airport of my choice.......   2..I have found a custom choice in FSUIPC that gives you unlimited battery power, and thought i would try that as well.

I set up a flight using a posky 737 (Turkish airlines in this case) equiped with  the PSPanels Panel.

I am happy to say that on this ocassion no loss of battery , avionics or auto pilot  occurred.

I am not sure whether i have solved the original problem (as posted in this thread) , but I hope so.

PS I got the idea of selecting the default flight first from another simmer who experianced the same problem as me (loss of avionics , autopilot  etc mid flight )and seemed to fix it BY selecting the default flight first.

PPS I have flown the POSKY 737 plus PSPanels panel for many years now and do know that an aircrafts generators have to be turned on or battery power runs  out after ten to  fifteen minutes or so..

22 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Yo, Socks!  It's been a while 😁  A little click?   Sounds like a generator/alternator turning off or even the battery turning off??

Yes Zip (hello by the way)thats just what it sounds like. There is definitely an audible click of someting switching off.

Cheers Andy

• Like 1