Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso

I fell in love with a Mexican girl

Nighttime would find me in Rosa's Cantina

Music would play and Faleena would whirl

- Song lyrics from "El Paso" by Marty Robbins

Some quick shots of landing at El Paso International Airport (KELP) with today's RW weather scattered rain showers over the dry desert terrain.  I've flown into KELP many times IRL on business but this is the first time in MSFS.   This is pretty much what it looks like IRL so good job MSFS.  Unfortunately,  no Mexican girls were involved in the RL trips 😀

We see double rainbows on short final and exiting the runway we pass Air Force C-17s on the ramp at nearby Fort Bliss Army Base.

image.thumb.jpeg.afb3f80baf843a8a581ebcf582bbcf6a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0b067d09a18e694efdf499cd26ed4718.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.51b6c6ca190365d2b78033e013896703.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.431f1441a39a157df50dceba341082d8.jpeg

28 minutes ago, BillD22 said:

Song lyrics from "El Paso"

22 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

Ya got Lone Star on tap?  🍺

Add the two together and it could be a loooong night!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

I like this plane, never knew its existence until you posted it. that last capture looks like it's off to flight dynamics school with its backpack on its back.... I use to enjoy a good Margarita back in the day..... cool captures Bill.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

2 hours ago, daspinall said:

I like this plane, never knew its existence until you posted it. that last capture looks like it's off to flight dynamics school with its backpack on its back.... I use to enjoy a good Margarita back in the day..... cool captures Bill.....

Yes it's pretty new.  FLYING said it has conquered all the flight issues other V Tails like the V-35 Bonanza had.  They were very impressed.

Having said that, I had a buddy who owned a V-35 when thy first came out,  We flew it for hours and hours, whenever we could afford the fuel and never noticed any real tail related issue.  Of course we were both chopper guys so we might have had a different experience that civilian GA testers had.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

4 hours ago, BillD22 said:

Thanks, Phrog.

Yes, Mr. Z,  "Lone Star" is the first item on the El Paso trip checklist 🍺

Back in the '60s the first thing on my checklist when flying 46's to El Paso was to refuel to the absolute limit at Midland Texas, then wait for the winds to abate enough so we could make it to Biggs AFB on all the fuel we had,  On more than one occasion that was a very iffy proposition.

GREAT SHOTS BILL!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

3 hours ago, daspinall said:

Thanks, David.  For my money,  this is one of the best payware aircraft yet released for MSFS and flies very close to the real thing.  It uses the Working Title G3000 which needs an update after the recent Avionics update to the base sim but otherwise flies exactly like the real deal.  I can see why IRL there's something like a 250 order backlog and years-long waiting list to get one even with a $3M price tag.

• Thanks 1