Graphics card average performance.

lefu

Hi

I recently visited the GPU BOSS website to do some random comparaisons of different GCs.

But its a bit hard to choose basing it on this factors here, wich sometimes differ and make the older graphics card better than the new one. So what would be the best condition here to choose a GC ?

Memory Bandwidth

Rate at which data can be read from or stored in onboard memory

Pixel Rate

Number of pixels a graphics card can render to the screen every second

Texture Rate

Speed at which a graphics card can perform texture mapping

Floating Point Performance

How fast the gpu can crunch numbers

Shading Units

Subcomponents of the gpu, these run in parallel to enable fast pixel shading

Texture Mapping Units

Built into each gpu, these resize and rotate bitmaps for texturing scenes

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To simplify this a lot, get the card with the fastest GPU you can afford.

Specs to not accurately predict performance since nearly everyone's hardware combination is different

and everyone's skill at optimizing their hardware settings is different. It helps if your MB chipset

and GCard vendor is matched and if your MB is currently supported with up to date drivers.

Other than that, get the best you can afford and learn to work with and live with the results.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

But, like they say 'Limitations May Apply', or 'Your Milage May Vary'. That usually means they are trying to 'sell you something' that might not work as expected (for the money) due to miss-match to MB and ram speed.

You Dual Core (Pentium) can be OC to 3.5 Ghz with no over heating. And the card that would work best with your system would be the MSI GeForce Gt-730 1gb DDR5 OC (overclock). It's $124.99 (free shippin, at Amazon). It can also be overclocked. It's PCI Express X16 (no power cable needed-runs off slot). Max Res: 4069 x 2160. VGA/DVi-D HDMI outputs. Manuf Date: 4-2014. Can be run off a 400 Watt PSU. So there you go.

Why spend big$ when you will wind up with 'less' performance due to GPU /Ram bottle neck? You could spend $250 / $400 / $999 on a GPU and be sorry you did it. Facts.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

UPDATE: EVGA GeForce GTX-750 Ti SC 2gb GDDR5 $146 (Amazon), 60 watt (400 w PSU is (barely) sufficient, but 'ok'), manuf date: Apr 2014, Not SLI, 3 monitors 'ok' (1-HDMI, 1-DVI, 1-DP to HDMI). 1080p. MUST upgrade your Bios, but that is expected and not a 'con'. It's 6.7 inch in length. Should get steady 40 fps locked in FSX. Perfect for dual core. But be sure to get the chip set updated (or else).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I think I'd spend my money on upgrading my CPU and maybe my ram first. The CPU is primary in the FSX system. Not like most of the newer programs which rely on a great GPU.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Agreed. But not everybody can shell out $1200, or even $600, to 'upgrade' their system. But I imagine he might be able to swing the $150 or less for a 'suitable' GPU (to match the specs of what he has now). Just trying to give him an idea of what is possible, and maybe 'best', yet an apt improvement, without him having to spend a lot of dough (on the 'wrong' GPU). It's hard to match PC parts. Takes research.

Chuck B

Napamule

Agreed. But not everybody can shell out $1200, or even $600, to 'upgrade' their system. But I imagine he might be able to swing the $150 or less for a 'suitable' GPU (to match the specs of what he has now). Just trying to give him an idea of what is possible, and maybe 'best', yet an apt improvement, without him having to spend a lot of dough (on the 'wrong' GPU). It's hard to match PC parts. Takes research.

Chuck B

Napamule

I can find it a bit complicate because id like to macth the old parts like a new GC for my old MB

but later i should buy a newer MB for that same GC..and so on

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived