FSX - Acceleration Pack

eighteez

I see this is hard to come by.

I see those selling it have it nice and inflated.

Does this expansion pack give me anything that I need for my core FSX experience? If I am not interested in the added content, can I skip it?

Or is this a necessity for adding on 3rd party addons and other stuff.

I have FSX with SP2 installed. But not the Acceleration expansion.

Acceleration is with FSX Gold,,,,,,it just adds the extra aircraft and includes the SPs I think....but it is not needed if you have the SP1 and 2 already....but others here can answer...but as I understand your question,,,,if your FSX is running fine...that is all you need...and the asking price for the sim is outrageous...and you should look into FS Steam for $5.00 sale price and I went for Prepar3d academic license and no disks are needed ...they are great and no problem with disks anymore....as they can be re downloaded.....You have lots to check out...LOL al v

some add ons require code that is ONLY in Acceleration and simply being SP1 and SP2 compliant it not enough?

The addons I'm looking at are Rex4, Rex Essentials Plus w/Overdrive, Rex soft clouds, some ORBX scenery and a Carenado plane or 2.

If I don't need it for those I'm not concerned about it. I don't mind adding Acceleration I just don't have any plans of paying more than $30 for it. And only if it makes a difference with what I plan on doing. Which is meandering around the pacific northwest in a 172.

Scenery and weather add-ons do not require Acceleration as opposed to Deluxe with SP2. These two features are identical in both versions.

You will have to point us to the link where the vendor claims Acceleration only. This seems unlikely.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I do believe that the Acceleration pack is included in Steam. May be a route to getting it all at one swell foop, for a reasonable price, or wait till it goes on sale for $5.00 yet again :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived