FSX:SE/Aerosoft A320 Wildly losing control.

Hello Flightsim. I was recently using the Aerosoft A320 on a flight from KLAX to KDFW, when I had major frame rate issues, and flight dynamics issues. I was using the Freeware KLAX scenery in the Flightsim file repository. I had been taxing after a good 45 minutes on the ramp doing checklists and flight planning. Once I had started to taxi, I had major frame rate issues. I usually average around 35-40FPS, and I was to the point where it would be stuck on a frame for a few seconds, then rapid fire 5 more frames before stopping again. I opened task manager, and it said that my CPU had been used to 100% for a good 30 seconds. However, it started picking frames back up, and everything was fine.

Skip forward to 26,000ft, flying my route, still climbing to cruise, when it happened again. This time however, the airplane began spiraling out of control. Every frame rendered showed a new horrifying picture of my plane at anywhere from a 40 degree bank angle, to a 30 degree climb. I immediately jumped over to task manager to see how much of my CPU was being used. To my surprise, it was at a mere 21%, and had been for the past few minutes. After this, I closed my flightsim, and shut down my computer. I booted it up a couple of hours later to test its performance with Assetto Corsa. I was getting fine frame rates, so I went back into FSX:SE, only to have the same problem no matter what I did. I could change the airport, plane, or even the install of FSX:SE. ANyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Computer SPECS:

Intel core i7 4970k

GTX 745 OEM

16GB DDR3 RAM

1TB Hard Drive

Applications open during event:

Firefox (32 bit)

Airbus X Fuel Planner

FSX:SE

Task Manager (After first loss of Frames.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Close down any unnecessary programs while running FSX. I use the freeware KLAX and combined with AI aircraft, I'm lucky to get 4-5 FPS while in the area. Things are fine a few miles away. Make sure you have the Pitot heat on or your airspeed and aircraft will probably fall out of the sky.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

Hmm, not sure whats going on there, have you applied any tweaks to your fsx installation that could potentially have caused the frame rate issue?

Also this video could solve the issue:

Rupert Smith,

Rupert's Software.

This is my email if you wish to contact me this way: officialscruffybear@gmail.com

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

Thank you for the suggestion, but I was on autopilot.

Even stranger, I wouldn't have thought a frame rate stutter would cause that...

What weather engine are you using, could that have crashed/stopped working causing the sim to stutter and adversely affecting the flight dynamics?? (Just a thought, not sure. Never really heard anything like this before)

Rupert

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

If you really can't think of anything causing it; I would do a fresh install as there maybe some corrupt files... again just a thought, not too sure.

Rupert

It's unlikely the fault is FSX:SE itself. Most people seem to agree it's performance is as good and for some a little better) than boxed.

Give us a list of your add-ons and hopefully none of them are accufeel.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Are you using X time? As MZ pointed out, you may have got the plane into a stall in icing conditions. Not a bug. Preventable.

Make the same flight in a default plane. If no problem, then the plane is bad or there is something about its operation you are not understanding.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

What do you think it is? If it were an FSX bug, this would be happening to everyone for the last eight years.

Added:

I would also suggest since this model is a commercial product you should be due some tech support from Aerosoft.

-Pv-

there was no ice.

You are not going to see ice inside of the Pitot Tube. What was the outside air temp at the time your aircraft went crazy and was the Pitot Tube heat on? I'm thinking you're dealing with 2 separate issues.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived