how do i eliminate a sound effect

wolf2

got this great new freeware, except its almost totally ruined by this dopey sound effect. anytime u pull even a little more than one g, u hear what sounds like darth vader having a hard time on the toilet, and its incredibly loud. not only destroys whatever suspension of disbelief u might have had, its distracting and annoying as hell.

ive gone searching for it and cant find it. ive even tried replacing the sound cfg with the lear 45, and it still happens. what am i doing wrong, how can i get rid of this?

Phil Colvin

Ah, the ol' Darth Vader pinching a loaf (CTFB). What download is it and I'll have a good time looking too! I suppose that sound is what the fighter pilots do to help keep the blood where it belongs.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

yeah i know, zippy. been a pilot since the 70's and back in the day would routinely pull over 5 gs in citabrias and stearmans. never was military tho, and never wore a g suit. but to me thats like a force-feedback joystick, and accomplishes the exact opposite of its intended effect. others may like it, but to me it ruins the entire plane. its dino's otherwise wonderful new mb326. dont mean to dis him in any way, his stuff is fabulous. but thats precisely why i want to get rid of that sound, cause i like it so much otherwise. really hate the gear warning noise, too, its also over-the-top imho.

Phil Colvin

In your MB326E folder there is a folder called Modules. Open it and the CTFB.wav (NOT it's real name) is the one circled.

CTFB sound wav.JPG

Anybody that wants an explanation of CTFB........http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_036a.html

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived