need advice motion platforms

daspinall

I hit 65 in a few weeks and thought I would crown the moment with one of these, I know nothing about motion platforms and was hoping for some advice, they don't come cheap this one on Amazon is £2,239.98 and will also need a seat to mount on it....... Maybe some of you fine standing guys can give links to alternatives or just some plain old advice...

"European made, professional platform designed in collaboration with world Leading commercial motion engineers; Specially designed for just the seat to move

Incredibly fast, yet smooth realistic movements using professional motion cueing profiles and software engine; The most compact design in the world yet it's incredibly powerful

Supports up to 285 lb. users; Simple to use with dedicated click and play Next Level Racing Platform Manager Software compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC with simple USB plug in

VR Headway technology built into the Platform Manager Software; Passive and active cooling with adaptive fan speed control

Electromagnetic motor shaft brakes ensures zero movement of the platform when the system is switched off; Built in power source..."

71KOB88Yz8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

the shiny things under the seat dont look like pistons that can extend/retract. If so then I think that would mean no roll. Also no pitch.

maybe more suitable for cars then. less for flightsims.

did you look for threads about it? (Google)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This site is for advice for 'Auto Sports Simulation' ONLY and not for hardware, etc. 'ASS' is for vehicles, specifically Race Cars, for FS9/FSX simulation. Nels set up this forum for OK Daley, his race tracks (scenery) and race cars. So it's not for anything else (ie:sim equiptment/hardware). Sorry.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).