Nick's replacement lights for FSX..

vomacka

I recently downloaded Nick's light fix (nlf_v2.zip). I just have a few questions...

1. The file download description says that it is for FSX, but the READ_THIS_FIRST.TXT files only mention FS9. Can I use these files with FSX ACCELERATION?

2. I have read all the READ_THIS_FIRST.TXT files and I'm still not sure how to install/run it. Are the .EXE files ZIP? How will I know what files are changed/moved/added? (Automatic installers scare me, when I don't know what is being changed)

I have attached a pic of the complete ZIP file (nlf_v2.zip).

Nickslights.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give me with using this file. And yes, I will make backups.

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

It's an auto-installer, and I hate them to, but there is a trick: Make an empty folder someplace (NOT in the Program(x86) or Program folders) and point the exe at it when it asks what folder FSX is in. It will install any and everything to that folder, rather than your FSX folder, and you can then cut-n-paste what you want to where it goes. This method gives you total control of what's shoved into your sim.

Hope all that helped a little!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It's an auto-installer, and I hate them to, but there is a trick: Make an empty folder someplace (NOT in the Program(x86) or Program folders) and point the exe at it when it asks what folder FSX is in. It will install any and everything to that folder, rather than your FSX folder, and you can then cut-n-paste what you want to where it goes. This method gives you total control of what's shoved into your sim.

Hope all that helped a little!

Pat☺

But in the same time it comes with a restorer

if something goes wrong the OP can restore the files anytime.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont know if you are used to installing add in your sim but the way you display winzip

is a bit too complicate to understand the files.

Once you download the file from the website

you have to right click on it and choose "unzip to.." you will then find a folder

named "nlf_v2" (all in the folder where you downloaded the zip file)

open it till you find 7 items, there are 3 folders, you have to open "Install New Lights"

you now find four folders, you can then choose what lights you'de like to install, its up to you.

lets say you choose "Airport Lights" folder, you will find the .exe file "airport lights"

open it, now we have a big issue here coz the files are supposed to be made for fsx but the readme file says its for fs9

so you will have to choose a new folder, any name, but NOT fsx because we dont know if it will work with fsx. try something like C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\lights test.

You will have to go to main fsx folder and back up both effects and texture folders so if something goes wrong you will have a backup.

you can then start copying the downloaded files (the ones you unzipped to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\lights test" ) to their belonging folders in fsx.

Before my reply here i said before that there is no problem with the files because there is a restorer, DO NOT, use it, it might be default files for fs9 not FSX.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived