A blast from the past!

Here's a few from today's Operation Varsity flight, comemorating a pivotal airlift of troopers, gliders, supplies and so on, sponsored by DC3Airlines. DC-3 or C-47's only. This is the only chance I had for screen shots, since the rest of the flight I was busy flying formation on other DCA Pilots that were kind enough to let me participate in "their" event, though it was open to all. Only a very few non-DCA pilots joined up. DCA provided all the scenery, FSRecorder files to fill in the massive formations filling the skies, effects files, on and on. Even had paradrop files. I'll try and get more shots next Saturday, when they recreate the huge formations flying in from the British Air-Bases.

Anyway, here they are!

Here's the American encampment, hangars, Quonset huts, etc

ScreenHunter_091.jpg

Of course, not everyone escaped unscathed...

ScreenHunter_094.jpg

In the pattern. Damaged birds get priority, others will orbit the pattern, waiting their turn...

ScreenHunter_095.jpg

Sadly, not everyone survived...

ScreenHunter_097.jpg

ScreenHunter_102.jpg

But the heroic efforts of the ambulance drivers and Hospital Staff saved many that would have otherwise perished...

ScreenHunter_107.jpg

Geard wouldn't come down, so I made a Gear-Up landing. Didn't quite "clear the runway", so to speak...

ScreenHunter_114.jpg

Thank you very much for looking! For more info look in the Multiplayer Adventures forum, topmost sticky. There will be another flight, as I mentioned, so if you care to join us, look at the thread. I had a blast, and the preparation, scenery, and general camraderie were amazing. I was glad so many from DCA were willing to show up to comemorate this Historic event. Three weeks after Operation Varsity, the German's surrendered, ending the War in Europe.

Take care all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

FS9, or FS2004 ACOF if you prefer, I'm just too lazy type it out every time. Scenery from DCAirlines site, Operation Varsity portion. It's a special, short time ocurrance for this weekend, and next (03/23/15). It recreates the area and airports, planes, vehicles, etc of the period, for use during the flights.

Needless to say, I had a blast doing it!

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived