What a joke! on me.

gdr1944

Hello:

I purchase STB_V32_FSX_44_Gold and try to install on a networked computer only to find out the computer/STB needs SDK_SimConnect.

To date I have never been able to install ANY SDK mod on any computer.

I have spent hours reading all sorts of stuff on SDK but not one that explains how to install in a way that I understand.

If I could have installed SimConnect then I could install Traffic Toolbox SDK and saved some money.

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

You dont need the SDK, just the simconnect which is available in a search

Yes, you need the SDKs.

Simconnect is part of the 3 SDKs. It is not something that you just download and install.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

From the Super Traffic Board website:

Pre-Requisites for FSX Version

•Operating System

•Windows XP SP3 or later;

•Windows 7 SP1 or later;

•Microsoft .NET V2. And V3.5 SP1 or later, available from Windows Update.

•Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Acceleration;

So, the SDK is not required. (And FSUIPC is not required either.)

All you need is a correctly installed (!), legitimate (!), correct version of FSX.

You can simply install trafficboard on your main computer and it will work.

Only to run programs on another, networked PC you will need to install simconnect on the main PC (server pc).

Then you have to edit the ini file, make sure they can connect, etc.

And on the Client PC you will need to create a file, simconnect.cfg file.

If you insist on running TrafficBoard over a network, read this guide on the Hifisims forum:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

and this

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76297-super-traffic-board-network/

But,

You have trouble setting up that network. So, run TrafficBoard on your main PC first. That's simple enough, no SDK required.

If you can't get TrafficBoard working there I think either you have a illegal copy of FSX, the wrong version of FSX, or FSX is not installed correctly.

Try to get it to work on the main PC first, once that works think about maybe running it over the network.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you all missed the part where in line one of the first post he states he wants to run over a network?

Have you also not followed his previous thread where he could not figure out how to install TTools using the SDKs?

From the Super Traffic Board website:

So, the SDK is not required. (And FSUIPC is not required either.)

All you need is a correctly installed (!), legitimate (!), correct version of FSX.

You can simply install trafficboard on your main computer and it will work.

Only to run programs on another, networked PC you will need to install simconnect on the main PC (server pc).

Then you have to edit the ini file, make sure they can connect, etc.

And on the Client PC you will need to create a file, simconnect.cfg file.

If you insist on running TrafficBoard over a network, read this guide on the Hifisims forum:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

and this

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76297-super-traffic-board-network/

But,

You have trouble setting up that network. So, run TrafficBoard on your main PC first. That's simple enough, no SDK required.

If you can't get TrafficBoard working there I think either you have a illegal copy of FSX, the wrong version of FSX, or FSX is not installed correctly.

Try to get it to work on the main PC first, once that works think about maybe running it over the network.

What do you mean not installed correctly.?

I think either you have a illegal copy of FSX I beg your pardon.

All I wanted to do was track ONE WoA AI aircraft to see if would arrive at a particular airport.

If I new how to install SDK SimConnect I would also know how to install SDK TrafficTools therefor makeing trafficboard unnecessary. If I would have known trafficboard required SDK SimConnect to run from a networked computer I would not have bought it.

To date I have never been able to install ANY SDK mod on any computer.

I have spent hours reading all sorts of stuff on SDK but not one that explains how to install in a way that I understand. SO I just called my computer tech and he's coming out to help me.

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

I just had to install the FSX-SE SDK simconnects yesterday to get my 737NGX to run

on steam. Not much to it if the SDK and simconnect.msi files are there.

And I have a perfectly legal FSX Gold, and I don't see an SDK folder under it.

I'm assuming I just need to install it from the DVD's, but I never needed it, so just

now noticed it's not there. I suspect it may be on the DVD's if I need it.

But my FSX-SE had an SDK folder, with the three different legacy simconnects.

From the instructions from PMDG pertaining to FSX-SE.

FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file

run all three of them.

There was also a 4th one in the lib subfolder. Just find every simConnect.msi

you see, and double click it to run it. Should do the trick.. I guess there are four

of them total in FSX-SE.. The main one, and three for legacy interfaces.

The NGX needing one of the legacy interfaces.

And that's all there is to it as far as the ones in FSX-SE. Should be about the same

for FSX-MS.

Why can't people read and just try and offer suggestions as to what the OP is asking and not go off on these wild ride tangents?

1. He doesn't want STB on his main computer. He wants to use a computer that has a second monitor hooked up to it. It's a pretty common setup.

2. He doesn't have FSX SE and even if he did that wouldn't install Simconnect on his networked computer, so what does this have to do with anything?

MBKHOU

For the disk edition, the SDK is on Disk one of the DeLuxe DVD.

The acceleration update for it is on the Acceleration DVD.

See here for install instructions.

http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

Read very carefully if you intend to install, also follow the "Troubleshooting" link at the bottom of the page. That's required info.

That link is only for installing from the Disks.

Also much info can be found in other threads on this site.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Figured it was there.. I had it installed in the past on another FSX install. But I think

that was one that got lost on a cratered hard drive.. But I rarely ever use it, so never

bothered re-installing it on later FSX installs.

Lots of confusion here, let's clear up a few things.

SimConnect is part of FSX and gets installed on your computer when you install FSX.

If STB does not require FSUIPC then it uses SimConnect to "talk" to FSX.

If you want to use STB on the same computer as FSX it should work without any need to do anything with SimConnect.

Included in the FSX SDK is an installer to put SimConnect on a networked computer that does not have FSX on it.

If you want to run STB on a networked computer you will need to run the SimConnect installer on that computer. Then you will have to properly configure SimConnect on that computer.

FSX Boxed installs 3 different versions of SimConnect on your PC.

FSX Steam installs a 4th version of SimConnect and not the original 3.

FSX Steam includes an installer for the original 3 versions.

If you want to run any program that needs one of the legacy versions with FSX:Steam you have to run that installer, unless you also have FSX:Boxed installed on that computer.

If all you have is FSX:Steam and you want to run a legacy SimConnect dependent program on a networked computer you will have to run the legacy installer on both machines, and then properly configure SimConnect.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived