Anyone fly Eaglesoft Citation X V2.0?

Nottobe

I have been trying to get the bird into the air for a few weeks but still can't figure out how to load a flight plan in the FMS.

I am not so advanced with using the FMS to build a realistic plan, all I had been doing is to build plan with the default fsx plan maker. The question is how to load a plan made with fsx flight plan builder...

I used to fly Citation X V1.0, I didnt have to configure the FMS, after I load the plan in FSX the plan is automatic there in the system...

And the FSUIPC configuration of reverse thrust is still a mystery to me. The interface is so incomprehensible, how do I assign a button on my CH Yoke to reduce thrust quickly (reverse thrust)? The FSX assignment of "reduce thrust quickly" doesn't work for Citation X V2... Any help appreciated...

Nottobe, I get nothing out of this...but I was actually kinda scared of the FMC as I am an old man...honestly....but I bought the Captain Mike Ray manual on the 737 and how to do what you are trying to find out on this site...You will not get an answer here becuz you will have to study, watch YouTube and also read a little bit...Captain Ray's manual covers everything...and it is fun...again I get nothing out of this...but He makes it easy...as possible and fun ....so it will cost you I do not recall about 40 some dollars perhaps but something you can refer to...I read it over on things at least once a week and I have been flying the NGX for about 2 years.or so...and also it applies to the PMDG 777 and other FMC aircraft....so you do whatever but I told you what helped me and I could do it on my own time and not spend much time asking a lot of questions....good luck and happy studies...al v

• 3 weeks later...
Check out Youtube. There are many how-to videos, including some on the FMC...

*edit* found one for ya. See if this works for you.

Yeah, good videos, worked for me!!

Finally managed this guy, it's been sitting dead in the hangar for about a month now, since purchased.

I don't get one thing though, and there is no video about it: with VNAV mode active and throttles set at CRU detent, it is picking up the speed when cruise alt is reached. I have to move the throttle below the CRU detent zone to maintain cruising speed. Any thoughts?

cx750.jpg

cx7502.jpg

cx7503.jpg

"I have to move the throttle below the CRU detent zone to maintain cruising speed"

It's likely the CRU (Cruise position display) is an ideal guide and not an absolute and that the combination of altitude, weather, and weight requires you deviate from ideal.

If the CRU setting still keeps you within cruise limits, you can still use it even if the result is a little faster or slower than what you think is perfect.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Yes Pv that's usual with RJs and RProps. The Citation however has physical detents like those in the Airbus, which lock-in with a clicking sound (FADEC I mean). So the question is: you have a locking detent which doesn't work in level (cruise) flight. I was just curious! - I have no problem with it and it is in no way makes the Citation experience difficult/problematic/less fun - to me at least, because I'm not like those simmers who know the weight and dimensions of every bolt and nut used in the landing gear of every aircraft ever built by human kind.

Citation X is fun, it does what you tell it to do in a solid manner, only problem is it is a bit old as far as VC goes, a bit difficult sitting in there (compared to splendid Carenado 550, and generally today's VCs that are made not only for good looks but to work with comfortably and conveniently), but the system programming is awesome, it's like a "small airliner".

Alexzar14,

The X doesn't have a speed control per se'. When set correctly it will control speed in descent and climb, but you WILL have to throttle back when in level flight. Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary, CIMEL, retired FAA ATC & all around good guy :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reverse thrust (if the plane has it) is the same as "reduce throttle quickly", default F2.

You can assign and or change this in your options/controls/buttons and keys menu.

make sure you slide the REPEAT bar full right in order to hold down a button or key and get full reverse without having to make continuous key strokes.

This applies to jets and turboprops that actually HAVE reverse - some don't. Also, recips usually do not have reverse, with a couple of freeware/payware addons as exceptions (Connie, DC-6/7, etc), and FS does not model recip reverse. Cal Classics uses a workaround with a custom gauge setup to get reverse in their applicable recip liners. It apparently uses airplane brakes and a modified sound module to provide the effect.

last question concerning the lights, I don't see a switch for the beacon and strobe lights, only nav and landing. Where is that?

If it's similar to the free Citation X, they should be somewhere around the center pedestal. If not, than it's time for you to read the manual..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out all my issues with it, this product is well done, things work well.

The easy-to-fly aircraft addon is not the one that is "light" or simplified, it's the one where everything works properly and the one that does what you command it.

Archived