its not stealing until someone gets hurt

darrenvox

Both me and a freind of mine are arguing what stealing in the fs world really means...

I say its not untill someone takes a product or a texture and calls it their own when its someone elses file

but he says uploading without permission is stealing....

i say no to that....how does it feel when something you created is taken, changed around and called worthless, i think its then when its stealing...asa well...

him and me both talked about uploading this file to here or avsim or whatever but now he says he didnt want me to do that...after he was ok with it earlier....

anyways im still not sure on what stealing is defined in this fs world..

Im fine if i upload something and someone plays with it...as long as they give credit to the creator when uploading that file we are golden. without credit we can be in alot of bad places...

what do you think?

It seems to me if you (Darren) upload a File and you created that same File, then you're the Author. If someone uses your Work, then calls it their own without giving the Author (you) the credit, then I would think that would constitute 'stealing'.

:pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived