Very nice freeware Hawaiian scenery

jandjfrench

Hi,

Several days ago I came across a reference to some freeware Hawaiian scenery. I downloaded and installed it and it is very nice. I have the default scenery there and the photo-realistic background blends very nicely with it. Here's a link to the download page:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Hawaiian+airports&CatID=fsxscen&Go=Search

There is a lot of AI included which is a real plus. The frame rate impact is detectable but relatively minor; the quality of the scenery more than makes up for it.

I installed it to both the Steam and disc versions and did have a few errors while installing but just clicked skip when notified. I haven't been able to identify what's missing. In case anyone checks this out here's is a list of the errors I encountered.

passenger2.dds

PHMK_Apron_2.dds

Photo_PHJR_2Apron.bgl

3Photo_PAK_west.bgl

Photo_PHMU1.bgl

Photo_HI01_1.bgl

There are three downloads and are mostly independent except the third has some corrections for the first.

In the readme there are some recommended scenery settings. There is a reference to MIPBIAS with which I wasn't familiar. I googled it and what I came across suggested that it be added to the [Display.Device... section rather than the [Display] section as specified in the Readme. I tried it out with unpleasant results. There was a chain link that was barely discernible across the field from where my aircraft was parked and near invisible without the Mipbias edit; with the edit it was a jaggy nightmare. I removed the reference and haven't pursued this further.

I highly recommend this scenery.

Jim F.

Yep! George did an excellent job.

I've been flying around Hawaii a lot since his since part 2 was released a few weeks ago.

I highly recommend Raimondo Taburet's Hawaii 10m Mesh. hawai10_2.zip in the library.

I'm using the $5 special MegaScenery Earth Hawaii from PC Aviator. I love it.

There is also a set of photoreal freebies for Hawaii here. http://www.hawaii-photoreal.com/

With Mesh, Photoreal, and George's Airports, my Hawaii is all but completely transformed.

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived