PDMG 737-800 descent issue

Guest DanielJamesM

Guest DanielJamesM

I've been playing FSX for a a year or so on and off and have gotten into it more recently, I decided to get the PDGM 737 and A2A Cessna the other day as I came to the decision that the default aircraft don't feel very authentic. Both planes are very enjoyable and a huge improvement over what I was using before.

I do have a couple of issues with the PDMG though, I'm not sure weather it is down to their aircraft, or user error, so over the last few days I have been making very good progress with the FMC, I can now plan flight routes and modify altitudes without having to look at guides for the most part, I'm also studying charts for my departure/arrival airports and trying to input everything as realistically as possible.

I just completed a landing at Edinburgh and decided to disable the autoland, after the ILS had lined me up with the glide path, I manually controlled the throttle as for some reason the autothrottle to have it right up taking my speed well above 140, my advised landing speed.

But I'm having issue with my descents; They start off ok, then the descent speed slows right down, and I have issues with actually being able to make the descent, I've managed to intervene using V/S settings, but this then starts to cause issue with the air speed because the FMC hasn't calculated the descent correctly. Could anyone advise me as to why this happens and how I can go about resolving this? Has anyone else had this issue?

Also when I minimise the game and go back to it, it decides to stop working, black screen, or I just see a load of terrain.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel

I would think that maybe you are not setting up your fmc correctly or maybe something else.

I would suggest searching youtube for pmdg 737 tutorial videos on how to correctly setup your aircraft. There is a lot and they are extremely informative.

Pmdg aircraft is very complex and need correct setup in order to have a successful flight.

If this doesn't help I am sure someone here will have an answer.

i7 920 quad core 3.24ghz / Geforce GTX 660 2Gb GDDR5 / 12Gb DDR3 RAM / 1Tb HDD

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Running FSX Classic SP1 & SP2 (tweaked) + addons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Post this over at AVSIM 737 NG forum. Loads of experienced NGX pilots and RW pilots who will all help you.

It took me well over a year to get to grips and i'm still learning. This is down to user error.

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max

ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)

3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

You mentioned your descent speed slows down! Here is the answer...

The FMC uses a special program called “Energy Compensation” at certain times during an ACT PATH DES. This program goes into effect when the MCP has been temporarily set to an altitude above the planned descent path. The airspeed cursor will slowly move toward a slower airspeed while the “TARGET” speed on the FMC remains constant. The airspeed reduction improves the capability of recapturing the planned descent path. When the airplane is cleared to resume the descent, the airspeed will slowly build up to the FMC target speed as the airplane recaptures the planned descent path.

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max

ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)

3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Archived