Ground equipment crashing into aircraft

farrout

I've recently installed FSX after having used FS9 for about a year.

When I start a flight at KMIA and after pushback, ground equipment

runs into my aircraft.

Anyone else experinece this?

Is there a way to remove ground equipment from the sim?

Thanks

Dennis

I've recently installed FSX after having used FS9 for about a year.

When I start a flight at KMIA and after pushback, ground equipment

runs into my aircraft.

Anyone else experinece this?

Is there a way to remove ground equipment from the sim?

Thanks

Dennis

I've never experienced that...

You dont need to remove it, just go to display settings and set "airport vehicle density"

to low.

Just guessing: are you flying with atc ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You dont need to remove it, just go to display settings and set "airport vehicle density"

to low.

I had this happen to me once on a mission, the one where you have to fly Las Vegas > Area 51. Taxiing along and a vehicle that had been holding short of the taxiway decided he was done waiting and pulled out right under my wing, into my undercarriage.

to low.

Not flying ATC at this time. It happened to me twice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ground traffic combined with default ATC is ridiculous (certainly on default airports with no explicit ground traffic lanes).

In real world, can't imagine a 747 being retarded by a forklift :confused:.

Wim

Lol.

In real life they have to keep contact with ground and tower about aircraft activity

on ground, (would be the case for that forklift ;) )

I thought FSX would work the same...

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lol.

In real life they have to keep contact with ground and tower about aircraft activity

on ground, (would be the case for that forklift ;) )

I thought FSX would work the same...

It does....sometimes! I've had Ground Control warn me of traffic on the taxiway and to hold position only to look around and nothing for miles around. Other times I've had fire trucks and baggage carts drive right into me. It's always exciting!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It does....sometimes! I've had Ground Control warn me of traffic on the taxiway and to hold position only to look around and nothing for miles around. Other times I've had fire trucks and baggage carts drive right into me. It's always exciting!

I am glad you mentioned this. Seems the more I use FSX, the bolder it gets. Last night on approach to a major airport--lower speed and altitude, another craft flew right at me and went over my jet--all under ATC control--I did not wince to see what he would do--it would have been a collision in another 100 feet. Likewise, I have experienced the so-called ground collisions while hearing nothing from the tower about their presence. Even the gas trucks have just pulled out in front of me while I'm pulling up to the gate---not often, but you have to watch those guys!! Lots of inexperienced people on the airport grounds in this game!!!

J Redd

Last night on approach to a major airport--lower speed and altitude, another craft flew right at me and went over my jet--all under ATC control--I did not wince to see what he would do--it would have been a collision in another 100 feet.

If you had ASN installed, you'd have been blown outta control by it's wake turbulence as well. Been there, done that...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I am glad you mentioned this. Seems the more I use FSX, the bolder it gets. Last night on approach to a major airport--lower speed and altitude, another craft flew right at me and went over my jet--all under ATC control--I did not wince to see what he would do--it would have been a collision in another 100 feet. Likewise, I have experienced the so-called ground collisions while hearing nothing from the tower about their presence. Even the gas trucks have just pulled out in front of me while I'm pulling up to the gate---not often, but you have to watch those guys!! Lots of inexperienced people on the airport grounds in this game!!!

J Redd

will this entry help a bit in fsx.cfg ?

AtcStaffCoffeeLevel=50 //default 1.0

XD

Archived