Nothing can connect to FSX?

whats up

Alright, here we go again, I am installing FSX onto my Windows 7. Everything was fine, installed addons, and then realized nothing can connect to fsx, no Active Sky Next, no EzDok, the only thing that can connect was FSUIPC. I got everything installed and checked, SDK, SimConnect, updates, excluded virus scanner, you name it and NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!, works, any HELP!?

Why reinstall? FSUIPC is the only thing that WORKS. I'm sorry I'm impatient, but this is extremely frustrating. I spent three full days trying to figure this out, but never did. My rule of thumb is not to post something that can be solve by other posts on the internet, so you can almost guarantee I did research before posting, so yeah, I don't know.

Go to the ASN support forum and start a ticket. When ASN has a problem, it will produce a dialog box. You will need to report the text in that dialog box if you expect to get anywhere. Anything requiring simconnect means you need SP2.

ASN does not work in FSX:SE. There are several add-ons which don't yet and old add-ons which are currently unsupported may never work without bugs. If you have FSX boxed and paid version of ASN, you will get rapid and aggressive support.

You should know by now, just saying something doesn't work and expecting to get a solution based on almost no information is like squeezing water out of a rock. It takes a long time. You can reduce that time by being informative, detailed, and not expecting people to read your mind.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Quote:

"... I got everything installed and checked ..."

And

"... NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!, works ..."

Is rather a contradiction. I really don't know which of the 20 things you listed "works" and which don't. Or at what point you concider something "works"...

These thing take patience, from you.

Now, but also when you were installing them.

Install something.

Then test if it really, really works 100%. Test it in flight also, not just once, but for a week, maybe 2.

Only when you are sure of it, can you think abuot installing the next item.

And then, not only test that item number two works 100%, but also test that, now item 2 is installed, item one still works 100% as well.

"The only way to learn." and "Slow and steady wins the race" and all that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, yeah I guess, but the fact is, all I've got is a clean copy of fsx, SP2 SDK, virtually all versions of SimConnect, with only EzDok and ASN, and no there is no error dialog when I start ASN, it's just stuck in waiting for simulator forever, works fine with my Windows 8.1 laptop though, in fact, I don't even have simconnect or sdk on my laptop, everything just works. And finally, I did try running ASN and EzDok on my Windows 7 system with the exact config as my laptop, but nope, nothing wants to work/connect/show up in the Addons menu.

I have no ideas, except one. If tvieno advised me I would not dismiss it to lightly. As you can see he has been a member since 2009, so he knows what he's talking about.

Maybe also look up what fsuipc does. (Google!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not a hard thing to do, but the key is patience. Install FSX. Ensure it works. Install the next add-on. Ensure it works. DON'T install anything else until you know for certain that everything installed to date is solid. Your shotgun approach to this (and all your other problems based on a lot of your previous threads I've read) makes it about impossible for anyone to help you get fixed.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

From what I read in your last post, you are trying to run ASN on two different computers. Do you have two licensed copies? If not, ASN is waiting for the FSX on the OTHER computer.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Additionally. If you installed the sdk, but it is not showing in the menu bar, you should be reading the sdk wiki. The general part to make sure you didn't forget a step. And, Specifically the troubleshooting part, link at the bottom of the wiki page.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, il88pp. All I know is one day my FSCommander along with some other add-ons couldn't connect to FSX, which had the day before. After doing a little research I found that reinstalling FSUIPC fixed the problem. Since FSUIPC is the 'gate keeper', it'd make sense that something got corrupted.

When one sees a problem that appears to be similar to his own experiences, it is a courtesy to say, 'this is what I did to fix the problem'. Whether it may or may not work in this scenario, I cannot say, but it never hurts to try. Besides, someone else may have a similar problem and my suggestion may actually be the solution for them.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

First off, are you using FSX boxed or Steam?

Well' date=' yeah I guess, but the fact is, all I've got is a clean copy of fsx, SP2 SDK, [b']virtually all versions of SimConnect[/b], with only EzDok and ASN, and no there is no error dialog when I start ASN, it's just stuck in waiting for simulator forever, works fine with my Windows 8.1 laptop though, in fact, I don't even have simconnect or sdk on my laptop, everything just works. And finally, I did try running ASN and EzDok on my Windows 7 system with the exact config as my laptop, but nope, nothing wants to work/connect/show up in the Addons menu.

OK, I am going to try and read between the lines.

RE:SDK, you can stop talking about the SDK as there is nothing in it that affects game play.

RE:SimConnect, what does "virtually all versions of SimConnect" mean?

You also state that you did not install SimConnect on your laptop. Did you run the SimConnect installer on your PC after already installing FSX?

FTR, SimConnect gets installed on your PC when you install FSX.

The SimConnect installer is for installing SimConnect on machines that do not have FSX on them.

Running the SimConnect installer on a machine that already has FSX installed on it might have screwed up your SimConnect install.

At least that is what it sounds like to me. ASN uses SimConnect, I do not know about EzDok.

As for how to fix it, not a clue.

Does SimConnect show up in Control Panel > Programs?

If so, try uninstalling it. This might completely remove it though in which case you might have to reinstall it. At that point I do not know if the SimConnect installer is the way to go or whether a complete FSX uninstall/reinstall is in order.

peace,

the Bean

(who is tired of typing SimConnect and install)

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I use fsx gold and no there is no SimConnect entry in control panel, only SDK SP2. I used to have all the versions of SimConnect, but after uninstalling both SimConnect entries and FSX, I cleaned my registries and restarted, so I don't think there are left overs.

OK, taking the advice, let's do it one at a time. Somebody mentioned that the SDK do not affect the problem, so I will stop talking about it from now on. I have EzDok 1.16. When I start FSX, the game ask me for permission to run EZCA.exe I permitted and trusted the program. When FSX starts, it shows up in the windows taskbar on the bottom of the screen, but do not show up on the fsx menu bar, when I close fsx, it says, FSX process not found. There are posts about this, but they do not offer clear solutions. All the paths had been checked, so WHAT is the problem? The strange thing is, on my Windows 8.1, everything just works like a charm. And by the way, 1.15 don't work either.

You should go to the support sites for EzDok. You've been asking for help with that for a long time:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282517-Disappointment!-!-!-!-!&p=1881387#post1881387

...and many people have given you suggestions. If those have not helped, you really really need to go to the next level and get support from the vendor.

You were right when you decided to stop pursuing SDK and simconnect. Simconnect and SP2 is installed when you ran the Acceleration installer.

Same things I mentioned above with FSX as with ASN. If you have only ONE FSX license, you can only get it and the other licensed software to run on ONE HARDWARE configuration.

Choose one machine or the other to run everything and stop trying to get all this licensed software to run on two machines.

-Pv-

I'm trying to help him with ezdok in the same way I helped him with ASN.

If you have a solution for ezdok, I'm sure the OP will be as attentive as he's been to the many solutions presented so far. He says it works on one machine and not another. This seems obvious to me licensing could be an issue.

-Pv-

No, not allowed to install on two computers.

From the licence agreement of DeLuxe:

(which we all agreed to)

"License Model. The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis."

(see file EULA.rtf in the main FSX folder)

Installing the Acceleration update does not mean you now have a new program, you are still using DeLuxe. Only now it's DeLuxe + Acceleration.

You are bound by both licences, that of DeLuxe and that of Acceleration. You signed both.

Nowhere in the Acceleration agreement does it say that, by installing Acceleration, the DeLuxe agreement has become void.

Installing DeLuxe on a second computer violates the licence agreement of DeLuxe you signed earlier.

So, one install per DVD set. (alas)

il88pp.

--Everything in this post is based solely on my opinion.--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Installing the Acceleration update does not mean you now have a new program, you are still using DeLuxe. Only now it's DeLuxe + Acceleration.

You are bound by both licences, that of DeLuxe and that of Acceleration. You signed both.

By that logic I am allowed to install Acceleration on 2 computers but only have Deluxe on one.

How the heck does that work????

2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.

a. Licensed Device. The licensed device is the device on which you use the software. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.

b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

Never argue with idiots.

Guys,

FSX can legally be installed on two computers at a time.

During Beta Testing we asked that FSX be allowed to be installed on multiple computers for testing purposes and MS agreed so hardware checking was disabled. When testing ended, MS forgot to re-enable this check. The Legal Department was unaware of this and wrote the standard EULA. That is why FSX will work on multiple computers.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

About that clause in the Acc licence I'm not so sure. Maybe it is supposed to mean -if you just bought the Gold box set, and you already owned a copy of DeLuxe, you may now use the Acc dvd to upgrade that too, but only if you had that installed on a portable device- Maybe I say, because that clause about the portable device makes it look really strange. But it would make sense to tempt owners of DeLuxe to buy Gold instead of just Acc.

Another possibility is that this is just an error. In this licence "the software" is Acc. There is no mention of DeLuxe or revoking that licence! So you MAY install Acc, but you CAN NOT. (unless possibly if you already owned a copy of DeLuxe, even that's not so sure.)

So, what that Acc clause does mean exactly I do not know. But I'm sure it is not allowing a second install of the same DeLuxe disk.

It could even just be a 'tempter'.

Alas,

il88pp.

-- Everything in this post is only my personal opinion. - Do not break licences. - No guarantee that installing as described is legal. - Use common sense. --

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, what that Acc clause does mean exactly I do not know. But I'm sure it is not allowing a second install of the same DeLuxe disk.

Regardless of your layman interpretation of the EULA I will state that I had no problems installing FSX Deluxe/Acceleration on my PC and my laptop, from the same discs.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

StringBean,

Regarding the clause in the acc licence:

I get the feeling you have been reading the licence looking if there was a loophole.

Believe me, I read it like that multiple times to.

In the Acc licence, you saw: "allowed" and "something that could mean anything". Then you interpreted it as "everything is allowed".

However, as you also realise, you would have to install the DeLuxe disk again, before you would be able to install acceleration.

But does it explicitly say you are allowed to install DeLuxe again? -No.

Does it say anything in regard to the validity of the DeLuxe licence? -No.

Another good indicator, both the DeLuxe and the Acc licence are still in your main fsx folder. The DeLuxe licence did not get removed by the Acc installer.

Best to stick to that of which you are certain.

Even though this seems like a very nice clause in the acceleration disk, it is basically a hollow message.

Without any reference to the DeLuxe licence, we are stuck with: "whyever did they put that in there???"

JSkorna,

Thanks for your input!

I read your message, and don't understand it fully.

You say Microsoft removed hardware checking but then forgot to put that in the licence.

However,

The Licence is a legally binding agreement between you, the licencee, and Microsoft.

I understand that what you say means installing twice is Possible.

But, I have no idea why you would say installing DeLuxe twice is legal.

The licence agreement is what you are bound to. Nothing else.

(Not unless MS published an amendment to it)

(Or maybe you had some personal leeway from Microsoft as you were developing software at the time. Is that what you were saying? If so, that does not apply to everyone else.)

As I see it you are bound by the licence agreement only. If you think otherwise, could you please explain why? Are you saying the licence agreement is not valid??

il88pp.

READ YOUR LICENCE AGREEMENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING

YOU HAVE TWO LICENCE AGREEMENTS WHEN YOU INSTALL FSX + ACCELERATION

Everything in this post is my OPINION only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived