FSX freezes on Splash screen when started

barnsg

I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this problem...I have been running FSX w/ SP2 on Win7 Home Premium since Oct. 2014. Yesterday when I started the program, the opening splash screen comes up but then the program freezes (won't boot up all the way) & is unresponsive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Possibly a corrupt Logbook.BIN {C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files}

Rename it Logbook-old.BIN and run FSX.

If that works, mrzippy can probably supply a link to a logbook repair tool...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Thank you guys for the replies. Shortly after I posted this, I found a similar post about this problem and it was caused by a corrupted Logbook.BIN. The funny thing is, I've had the Logbook.BIN become corrupted on me a few times already (and used the FSX Logbook Recovery program by Daniel van Os to recover it) but this is the 1st time it caused the FSX program from starting up. Well now I know.

Thanks again,

Gary---

Archived