ai_player.dll CTD

usb777

I am sure it has been asked before but my FSX just crashed (CTD) and the events log said it was due to the ai_player.dll file. What are the potential causes?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

ai_player.dll is the function that controls the AI traffic.

Set traffic sliders to 0% and see if your problem goes away.

If so, then you can start searching for a bad AI aircraft or bad addon airport scenery.

Maybe an airport with it's own AI.

Most probable in the area you were flying when the CTD occurred.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thanks! I suspected that but wasn't sure. I have tons of add ons, AI as well as scenery so it can be fun to find a bum file. This issue happened around Oahu and I have had trouble with the program freezing up there as well. Then again I can let the program run with the aircraft flying as well as sitting on the ground all night with out any trouble. I am suspecting a WOAI AWAC File for some reason. I had taken it out but put it back in. I use Kosta's tweaks but have my water all the way as well as most of the other sliders. AI traffic at 50% but have changed all of my MAIW and WOAI less to show up. So I am not to suprised when I have trouble. My build is pretty good but FSX still can over power me. Flying the same route now with no trouble. Keeping fingers crossed. I will look up the WOAI down load and see if others have had trouble.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

WHEN you fly an area is also significant because the bad traffic or plane model may not be scheduled to load every time you go there. You need to fly around the same time of day as when you have had crashes in the past and avoid the times when you have not had crashes (if you really want to know it's gone for good.)

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thanks! I have been doing that. In has really helped in the past but around Oahu been unpredictable fopr some reason. Only thing I am sure of is it is only happening there. It may not be an answer but I once read a list of programs to turn off on the computer start up I can't remember where do you?

Mike G.

Shutting down unnecessary program is always a good idea because it frees up CPU which then runs FS faster, but it does not prevent crashes which are caused by the things you already know about. Everybody runs different startup and they have different values to people (things you can live without but someone else thinks is important.) Look at your Task Manager. if you do not see programs using significant CPU except FS, then don't worry about it. Shutting down stuff willy-nilly might cause more problems than you already have.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I believe that to be good advice pvarn. I found what I was talkiing about. Nick's Bible. I remember going through that list one time and some things he turns off I want running. One small probblem I have is I am retired on disability some my hobby is FSX and FS9 twenty-four seven I play. With that being said I can get myself into real trouble trying different things! However, for the most part thanks to folks like you pvarn, I really have fun and have built a beautiful simulator.

My Build.jpg

Mike G.

Archived