New Rig troubles

JimGarra

All - I just got a new set-up; CybertronPC Assassin, 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 4.2GHz AMD FX 4170 processor, 2 AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB graphics cards in crossfire configuration, 8GB DDR3 Ballistix SDRAM and 1TB (7200 RPM) hard drive. The monitor is a 23" Acer H6 IPS LED HD. After setting all this up I installed FSX gold, the acceleration pack that came along with it, and traffic 360. Previously on the old rig (HP Omni 220 (2.6GHz) all-in-one) I had FSX gold and traffic 360 and although kind of slow it worked pretty well. Anxiously and expecting great things with the new system I opened FSX to discover that none of my virtual airlines (Orbit, World, etc) and associated airplanes are there. I did find 1 Orbit CRJ 700 in the system but that was it. t almost looked like a different aircraft library. I went ahead and started setting up my custom settings. In graphics drop down it showed AMD Radeon r7 200 series. Not being tech saavy - Is this correct? Are the graphics cards I'm supposed to have in this Radeon r7 200 series family or do I need to contact tech support? Im kind of at a loss and was hoping to have a set-up similar to the old one just faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You said you have: 2(ea) AMD Radeon HD 6570

FS says you have: Radeon r7 200

Possibilities:

This may be how FS interprets a crossfire set up? You should do some Inet searches on crossfire device name.

Look in your Device Manager and Display Adapters. What you see there and what FSX displays should be the same (regardless of what that is.)

"I opened FSX to discover that none of my virtual airlines (Orbit, World, etc) and associated airplanes are there. I did find 1 Orbit CRJ 700"

Perhaps you forgot to check the "display all" at the top and bottom?

If this doesn't solve, perhaps try support for traffic 360?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Where did you install FSX? Under 'Program Files/Microsoft/FSX'? Not good-lots of problems if this is where you installed (due to permissions, etc). DO install to 'C:/FSX' or 'D:/FSX' or 'X:/FSX' (ie: to root folder of whatever hard drive you choose).

Did you (in this order):

Install FSX Deluxe (one DVD), RESTART computer, then start FSX and fly around for 1 min?

Then Quit FSX?

Then install Acceleration (the other DVD), RESTART computer, then start FSX and fly around 1 min?

Then Quit FSX. RESTART computer? Start FSX and set up options (like FSX resolution to be same as Desktop resolution?), preferences, create a Default (Start-Up) flight (aircraft (C-172 recommended), airport, runway, time & season, weather,etc), then calibrate joy, etc?

THEN you can install your Add-On files (traffic 360, etc).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived