Wrong Aircraft in my menu...?

Myzee

OK...I managed to get the YF-23 installed. Problem is.....When I go to select it to go flying....it is not in my aircraft selection screen. Everything else is there except that. It was just by blind luck that I clicked on the Yellow Piper Cub...and viola....the YF-23 came up as the selection!!! Anyone know why this would be?

Maybe its missing the thumbnail, I had that problem with a C-5, but solved it by putting the default 747 thumbnail into the texture folder.

Hope that helps.:o

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Yes, hornetdriver could be right, missing thumbnails can mess up the whole aircraft selection menu, giving aircraft the wrong thumbnail & description.

If it's the YF-23 from Simviation, it is missing the thumbnail.JPEG from both texture folders. but in my Sim it displayed the Standard aircraft+question mark for both aircraft, or at least for me, the picture that I substituted.;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, hornetdriver could be right, missing thumbnails can mess up the whole aircraft selection menu, giving aircraft the wrong thumbnail & description.

No they can't. When a thumbnail is MISSING, you get the question-mark thumbnail.

OTOH when the thumbnail jpg file is existing but CORRUPTED, you get this "thumbnail shift". All aircraft thumbs coming (alphabetically) after the damaged one, shift one position forward, so displaying with a wrong description.

Finding the corrupted thumbnail can be hard, but in this case the YF-23 is the prime suspect. Make a new one, or simply delete it (if you don't care for the Q-mark).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Mine was missing a thumbnail and it did not give me the question mark.

Simple test.....cut the thumbnail out of your favorite aircraft texture folder and paste it in in the aircraft folder. Now start up FSX and look at the select aircraft screen. It should show the ?aircraft in place of that thumbnail as long as you did not delete that symbol from the UIRES folder.

airplane.JPG

Cool guys, thanks for the tips! I'm glad you all understood what I meant! LOL! I won't be able to get back on the sim till tomorrow night but I will give it a try.

Question- for a thumbnail......can I just "make" one myself and put it in the appropriate folder? I'm assuming there are resolution and size restrictions on the thumbnail graphihc...

Cool guys, thanks for the tips! I'm glad you all understood what I meant! LOL! I won't be able to get back on the sim till tomorrow night but I will give it a try.

Question- for a thumbnail......can I just "make" one myself and put it in the appropriate folder? I'm assuming there are resolution and size restrictions on the thumbnail graphihc...

Make one yourself is a good thing to do. I take my screenshots either using the Print Screen key or the V key and then save as a .JPG I never resize and it works OK.

It sounds like you are a busy person. I made mine. I don't mind sharing until you learn how to do it. (Right Click on the 800 photo in post and pick 'Copy'. Then go open Paint (or IrFanView, my favorite) and click on 'Paste'. Now do 'File/Save As' and name it thumbnail.jpg. Browse to your YF-23 texture folder and drop it in there. So same for the 801 thumb.

Or: you can Right Click on photo and choose 'Save Image As', name it 'thumbnail.jpg' (without the quote marks) and browse to your 800 texture folder, then 'Save'. Then do the same for the 801 thumbnail. Both are resized (333 by XXX). Too easy. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived