Question about my file uploads

CRJ_simpilot

I've been making AFCADs of mostly added parking to airports and air bases that simply don't have it. If I fly to an airport or see that an airport doesn't have parking, and the check here in the library and see no one made that airport, I'll go ahead and either fire up AFX or ADE and add parking and make minor edits except add buildings. I can only manipulate and add default Sim objects at this time.

So the question is: are people really interested in these? Every time I see my file has been added to the library I see at least 100 downloads which about 95 more than I thought I'd actually get. I wish I could add buildings, but I no longer have the object placer I once had in FS2004, and need to buy the one for FSX. Then I certainly can't custom make objects. Compounding to the fact I can't add to the zip file the objects themselves do to copyright I suppose and only can say you need this package and this package, and this package ad nauseam.

So with that. Is the community here in FSX all for just airports with added parking or not? I like doing it, and I mostly do it for myself, but it takes me least 4 hours to complete and test it all in the Sim several times to make sure there are no issues. I even run the error checker through ADE and AFX. I was quite surprised to see no Diego Garcia was ever created. Since I created it and added it to my own Sim, I saw a U2 parked there. Prior to that this airport had no parking once so ever.

I for one am always interested in AFCADS, I used to do the same with FS9, I enjoyed it, sometimes even making the airport better by changing and/or taxi routes.

I mainly fly in the UK and Europe so I suspect most of your AFCADS are for the USA.

Col.

I for one am always interested in AFCADS, I used to do the same with FS9, I enjoyed it, sometimes even making the airport better by changing and/or taxi routes.

I mainly fly in the UK and Europe so I suspect most of your AFCADS are for the USA.

Col.

Most are in the U.S. I've been in Africa and so I've seen my fair share of plain no parking airports which I have upgraded. And the air force base Diego Garcia is an island right below India.

Search for my name in the library. Aaron Vormestrand.

Hey Aaron

Good to know that there is still someone caring about parkings and taxiways.

Here in Brazil most of the minors aerodromes have only its runway...

I used to make my own also, but since fsx I never did again, I don't know the appropriate software for that.

Enviado de meu Mi A2 usando o Tapatalk

CRJ,

I am always interested in updated AFCADs, especially with parking so AI traffic has somewhere to go.

I am not at my primary system right now, but I will have a look tomorrow.

Ciroanimau, also tomorrow I can post a link to ADE, which would be the software for you. I would love to see good Brazilian airfields.

Jorgen

When I tried ADE for some reason it didn't go well, I made a few changes to an airfield then saved it but the changes didn't show.

I also tried to delete some taxiway signs on another airfield and again they were still there so I gave up on it.

Col.

When I tried ADE for some reason it didn't go well, I made a few changes to an airfield then saved it but the changes didn't show.

I also tried to delete some taxiway signs on another airfield and again they were still there so I gave up on it.

Col.

Hi,

After you saved you airport, did you compile it? Saving it only creates a .ad4 file, compiling it creates the actual .bgl file.

DDP.

CRJ,

I found out I already had most of your AFCADs! I will check out the rest.

Ciroanimau,

Here is the link for ADE: http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799

Support is found here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/

Jorgen

You must have got them from somewhere else. I checked the library here before I created them and if they didn't exist I made them. I'm sure MAIW has what I already made. So that's why I stated that if you have another version, my file may over write it.

Col.

When you want to delete a default object or move it, you need to use the exclusion tool around that object. Then it won't show up where it was before and your newly placed object will be where it's suppose to be.

Archived