help FSX and Thrustmaster T.flight Hotas 4 PC/ps4 one wont work

Epoweredrc

Hi everyone , brand new member I tryed to youtube and google before i joined to ask this but I am new (about a week into FSX) and I just got my T.Flight Hotas 4 today it is the PC/PS4 one... I keep reading on the PS3/PC one there is a switch on the front but ive looked all over mine and do not see any kinda switch to go from PC to PS4 it has a red light that says PS on it. ive pressed it and it doesn't go off. Can anyone help me out..

My elevator and my ailerons work fine on the joystick and the L1,R3 buttons are working I think L3 is also... and then on the throttle part of the controller Square,X,O seem to work and also R2 and L2 are assignable but the throttle itself and the twist for rudder wont do nothing what am i doing wrong here?

I went to Thrustmasters site and installed the drivers on there. tried both front USB ports and still nothing.

been flying with a cheap PS3 looking controller but wanted real throttle control and more control over the planes. I read this was a good unit but figured be simple plug n play

thank you so much

Have you assigned the throttle axis to the throttle command in FSX's controls options?

The good news is that something happens when you move the stick, so it's probably configured to talk to your PC just fine. You just need to assign the axis. You might also need to calibrate them via Windows' calibration tool.

Note that if the PS3 controller is still hooked up, you have to verify which controller you're configuring in FSX, as it's happy to recognize multiple controllers at the same time. If it's set to the PS3 controller when you're trying to assign the T.Flight's throttle, it won't respond.

Have you assigned the throttle axis to the throttle command in FSX's controls options?

The good news is that something happens when you move the stick, so it's probably configured to talk to your PC just fine. You just need to assign the axis. You might also need to calibrate them via Windows' calibration tool.

Note that if the PS3 controller is still hooked up, you have to verify which controller you're configuring in FSX, as it's happy to recognize multiple controllers at the same time. If it's set to the PS3 controller when you're trying to assign the T.Flight's throttle, it won't respond.

Thank you for the reply, I have unplugged the other controller as i wish to do it all with the new joystick.

i have went into the Settings/Controls/Control Axes screen and Try to map it to throttle and rudder and when i move the throttle control or the twist on the Rudder it never recognizes it.

Now if i go into the Settings/Calibration/Calibrate/Game controllers/Properties when i twist the joystick or move the throttle im not seeing either on screen doing anything.

I am not sure what Axis or rotation is suppose to be what? My PS3 controller was plug in play everything worked as it should i didnt have to mess with any settings besides reversing the elevator and rudder.

It has a calibrate option but again not sure what to move with what axis.

it has

Z axis

X rotation

Y Rotation

Z rotation

Thanks.

I finally figured it out, I had to go to there site and download a different driver. in case anyone else runs into that or i forget lol it was called 2017_TFHT_1

Soon as i installed it the light on the throttle side went from Red to Green..

It is so much nicer flying with real like controls.

Thank yall. just my luck seems i finally googled the correct thing after tons of google searches

• 1 year later...
yes this site has always been very helpful for our dying breed .. i just got 1 2day and having the same issues so glad 2 hear there is a fix ill work on that but was wandering about the reverse thrust set up pls reply back if u got that 1 down or anybody else out there that mite happn 2 c my post thx pilots lets stay up and away in these tring times ... flyman 2

I finally figured it out, I had to go to there site and download a different driver. in case anyone else runs into that or i forget lol it was called 2017_TFHT_1

Soon as i installed it the light on the throttle side went from Red to Green..

It is so much nicer flying with real like controls.

Thank yall. just my luck seems i finally googled the correct thing after tons of google searches

I was just about to say that to go for the new driver and also say that the PS3/PC has a switch in the front and the PS4?PC only has a network connection in the front. I have both controllers. Glad it all worked out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB