Problems after windows ten large update

HoratioWondersocks

When all is said and done, if FS2004 works OK on Windows 10 for Socks, Robin, and anyone else, that's fine by me! FS2004 itself also worked OK for me, but not all of my "must-have" add-ons were Win10 compatible.

I'm more than happy with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my current Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard because Gigabyte and Intel still support it with drivers and MS still send me monthly security checks and updates.

I'll be hanging on to Win7 'til the last moment, like this guy:

coyote.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

When all is said and done, if FS2004 works OK on Windows 10 for Socks, Robin, and anyone else, that's fine by me! FS2004 itself also worked OK for me, but not all of my "must-have" add-ons were Win10 compatible.

I'm more than happy with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my current Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard because Gigabyte and Intel still support it with drivers and MS still send me monthly security checks and updates.

I'll be hanging on to Win7 'til the last moment, like this guy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204268[/ATTACH]

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Itchy trigger finger there, Tim? No need to mention what I'm running! (it's in my signature) and I'll chase this computer around the moons of nebulae and around Perdition's flames before I give it up!

KHAANNN!!!!!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Itchy trigger finger there, Tim?

No I think it's those ACME Earthquake Pills again!!!

Umm, guys?

Win95 was an 8 bit OS. ;)

The only way you could run 8 bit or 16 bit programs on a modern 64 bit OS is with something like DosBox and a lot of tweaking.

Never mind the updates to DirectX.

If you want to run a stand-alone game system, then have at it. :)

I like running a machine that can access the web, Youtube, etc. AND play some old games like FS2002 and Dangerous Waters.

Win10 handles these games like they never had problems (which they did, in spades) back in the days of Win2K and Vista.

All this while running a "top-of-the-line" i3 CPU and a $40 fanless GPU with no overclocking. :cool:

Archived