FA-18 radio settings

PhantomTweak

Hi all! I downloaded and installed the "FA18_2012_FSXBA_Multiplayer" and "FA18_2012_FSXBA_Effects" planes from here. I am in LOVE with the way they fly, I really really am! I can't believe how well they have managed to duplicate the "real" FA-18E flight dynamics, flap positionings, auto trim systems for T/O, Cat shots, etc etc. Fantastic, simply amazing! I am in LOVE!

Ok, ok, Yes, all that is amazing, really. Now, does anyone know of or can tell me of a manual, PDF, tutorial, ANYthing that can teach or show me how to set the bloody nav radios??? I can set the HSI, the CRS, the HDG, you name it, but it wasn't until I went to the "minipanel" I use (Minipanel III for FSX) that I could use the Cockpit Commander included in it to set the nav freqs. Like that thing, btw, but I would love to be able to set everything in the vcockpit in the parking area, more like the "real world" is done. I am going to put in an INS system, so it's available, like a real plane, an APU, all the "goodies". I read the NATOPS for the FA-18 E/F, even for the G model, but what they specify and what is available in this particular bird are two different animals.

ANYway, I could sure use help! Am I going to have add a radio pop-up? I can, I know how, and which one to, but I do like to use the UFC.

Also, it seems like TACAN has fallen far out of favor these days, although it seems an integral part of the FA-18's nav systems. Are there any charts or whatever that show TACAN settings for airports, waypoints, navy ships, etc? I've seen a very few listed on regular FAA charts and Airport diagrams, but not many. Anyhow, I'll keep Google going on it, see what I can see...

Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming! I sure appreciate it.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Are the radios any different than the ones in the default F-18? I assume the Learning Center isn't any help which covers the standard FS radio operation?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Pat:

http://fsxblueangels.com/FSX_F18_Manual.pdf

The Chapter: ILS Mode – Instrument Landing System is what I use for F18 ILS procedures.

Ron

F18 Cockpit.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Thanks to all for the replies! This is precisely what I needed! I appreciate it all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived