Lost aircreation582sl

wyodeacon

I was clearing out some airplanes I don't use and I think I accidently deleted this one. I think it's the default hang glider. I tried to rebuild my fsx.cfg file and now it won't load because it's telling me I have an initialization failure.

If this is what I'm missing could someone copy this file and send it to me?

fail.jpg

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

Ok, when I tell the above failure report to close FSX goes ahead and loads to the home page and then I get this box:

sim.jpg

I don't know if It's connected to the original problem. I do remember telling the SimObject display to run when the program was loading.

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

No, that would have been the smart thing to do. I'm not smart

OK, so you're saying that you hit delete and then deleted it from the Recycle Bin?

Aye carumba! Sharing of Microsoft files here at Flighsim.com is frowned upon. It's best to always have a complete vanilla back of FSX somewhere just for this reason.

If you are a member of AVSIM, they seem pretty lax on file sharing over there.

1. It's good to be the King! (Mel Brooks)

2. It's BAD to delete default aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Not sure about the SODE issue, can you disable it until you get FSX running?

To fix the aircraft init failure save a flight as your default flight, with another plane.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hey Mr Zippy, I finally was able to get to the free flight screen. The place where the airplane is rotating in front of some scenery was just black. When I tried to select a different airplane it froze again. I reloaded and when I got to that screen I was able to load my saved flight and mark it as default. Everything seems to be working ok now except that I still don't have that kite. But at least un til I can find one I am able to use FSX.

Don't be. Fsx repair shouldn't touch anything that IT didn't install. I'd back up the logbook, scenery.cfg, FSX.cfg and rewards. If you've edited any aircraft.cfg files then you need to save those changed files - just make a copy of your airplanes folder and then you can copy over any changes that repair did to existing aircraft.

Once you get everthing back are you going to remember to make a backup copy of FSX so you don't have to go through this again?

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.

You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder/subfolders before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work.

Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.

You may need it again and it's a lot easier than a Repair or Re-Install.

P.S. Sorry about the AVSIM site. They seem to be very inconsistent over there about what can or can't be shared. My Bad!

FSX file locations:

fsx.cfg, dll.xml, and GrantedRewards.BIN:

{C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX}

Your control settings = Standard.xml {C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls}

Logbook.BIN and Flight Plan files {C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files}

scenery.cfg {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

No problem with the Avsim site. I can understand the reluctance to supply a file but it does seem a shame to go through the repair when all I need is one default aircraft. Oh well.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I haven't been able to get the repair function to show but I now see I need to uninstall the sp's and acceleration first. That's probably why I can't see it.

ok, when I try to uninstall acceleration I see it configure then I get a box saying "The specified account already exists". When I click ok it closes the uninstaller. It seems like it's trying to install instead of uninstall?

ok, when I try to uninstall acceleration I see it configure then I get a box saying "The specified account already exists". When I click ok it closes the uninstaller. It seems like it's trying to install instead of uninstall?

If you go to Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs can it be uninstalled from there?

Seriously. All this for a folder that's included on the trial version of FSX? The copy protection for FSX is activation. This folder would be of no use to anyone without a legitimate version of FSX, activated or not. If anyone wants to be a stickler go through this site's scenery library and suggest removal of any file that contains files or folders that are included with FSX.

I'd provide the file but I already had a post removed in which I included a link to a single missing file. What was acceptable was a recommendation to download some gauge and effect recovery file that contained every default FSX gauge and effect file. What's a mother to do?!

Jim F.

lol--I agree Jim F. Wish we had private messaging. :p

The uninstall does come up from the disk. I'm going to copy my FSX folder to another place for safe keeping, then I'll try the uninstall and see if it works.

Jeez, do you really want to fly the Trike or are you still trying to fix the aircraft init failure?

There are about a dozen ways to fix it that do not involve a repair.

Create a new default flight.

Make a new [fltsim.nn] entry in any aircraft.cfg and change the title= line to...

title= Aircreation582SL red

Change the situation= line in the FSX.cfg to any one of your saved flights.

Open ...\FSX\Flights\other\FLTSIM.FLT in Notepad and change...

[sim.0]

Sim=Aircreation582SL red

...to...

[sim.0]

Sim=

...shall I go on?

peace,

the Bean

PS. and do not get me started on the hypocrisy of forum mods/members complaining about default file distribution when there are tons of readily available default files in their libraries.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Done Scatter.

Thanks for the ideas stringbean. I never thought of just designating another aircraft as the trike. The only reason I wanted it back was if I have to rebuild my fsx.cfg file it would load ok.

well after all of this I had to format my computer. Apparently while trying to find this file on the internet I downloaded some really nasty adware and nothing would get rid of it. The good news is that I will now have a clean copy of FSX to save and I'll bet I also will have the file I was missing!

Archived